Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resonator ?

Whats going on gys.

Last week i noticed my car starting to sound strange. It sounded like there was a whole in my headers or in the resonator or Cat. Today i got under there and noticed something stange. Looking at the resonator you see that braided material, but i touched it and felt the top of it, it wasnt there, as if it was burned off or something. Now i never examined the piping under my car befire so im not sure if it is suppose to be like that. If it is, then anybody know what would make your car sound like poo?

I think it should be solid all the way around. Sounds weird how it's got a hole in the top. I don't know if were thinking about the same part but, I think the braided piece should be part of the y-pipe.

Comment

were u looking more towards the header, or more towards the rear of the car past the CAT?

if its the braided one its the front but the resonator is in the rear called the "b" piping. it goes from the cat to the muffler. thats where i sprung a leak and my car sounded like a ford on drugs =)
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Its the front with the y piping. I think it is suppose to be braided all around, i will get a pic tomorrow. But my car sounds horrible, like bees and fresh cans of soda being opened.

Comment

so from there it is making the sound? i know where your talking about.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Its that thing on the end. See the way its braided, the top of mine is torn.

bigger pic http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/view...pt=bidpay&sp=1

Comment

i thought that was the cat. conv, but im not sure.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

thats the flexpipe.. just go to a muffler shop and get the flex pipe replaced.. no biggie.. and it sounds wierd of course because exhaust fumes are escaping through the hole in the flex pipe
                Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 03-08-2004, 08:41 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Thanks man. The sound was so embarasiing that some chick in a civic thought that she could take me.

Thought

Comment

my flex still has a hole,i gets me high all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X