LX to EX throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LX to EX throttle body

Hey does anyone know whether there is a gain to swapping out them. I was told it is an upgrade from the LX model but is there a gain? let me know.
    "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
    sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
    Did work for: jhoff_cb7
    Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

i think there both the same but were u would gain is with the EX/SE intake manifold.. it has a a row of additional runners that open at a set rpm.. kinda like vtec but not really.. u dont feel any jolt but the power doesnt drop off..
    u might need the ex ecu to run them.. im not sure if there electronically controlled or controlled by some form of vacumn diaphram... in any case. it would be an up.. seeing as how thats one of the things that gives the EX/SE its 140hp/142tq

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ntake+manifold

i was right.. u need the ex ecu and control module.. but hell.. i bet if ur creative u can wire it to a toggle switch control module that is hahah

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

To my knowledge the f22 throttle bodies are all the same for out 4 gens. Wikked is right on the EX/SE having a different intake manifold...but more specifically the 92-93 EX, 91 or 93 SE. They have what you call an IAB plate that is both controlled by a vacuum diaphragm, but also an electronic solenoid that is ECU controlled at a specific RPM to open up the four additional ports in the intake manifold to provide more air flow to your cylinders. So like Wikked said, it's best to find one of them intake manifolds and the ECU to go along with it, the solenoid, wiring ,etc. It would be nice if you could get a 260 Delta camshaft regrind(get cam gear also...skunk2 is cheapest i've seen) to go along with this and use your stock valvetrain setup. Having an AEM intake, 4-2-1 header (stock design on EX/SE models or aftermarket) and 2.25" custom or aftermarket exhaust system. If you use the Honda 4-2-1 header & get custom 2.25" exhaust system...you're looking at a cheap setup and decent gains that would make u happy for a bit....until you want more power junkyards are your best friend for the I.M. w/ECU and honda header.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hahaha...just saw your sig...looks like all you need is an exhaust & cam gear to go along with the better Accord intake mani w/ECU & 260 Delta regrind.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

they are all the same. the 5 hp that u might wanna add to your lx is the 4-2-1 exaust manifold. which will bolt on if u get it from a 4th generation ex.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
            X