270k ex coupe need sugestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

270k ex coupe need sugestions

I just bought a salvaged 90 ex coupe for $1800. its sounds like it runs like a champ. but the dude i got it from said i need a idle control sensor. this makes it start like a chump. well this dude knows his honda and he said he replaced the head gasket and a bunch of seals, but hes no where to be found. im gonna try to sqeeze another 30k from this car and make it look a lil nice. in the long run i wanna replace the whole motor entirely with the same motor. but anyway its leaking mad oil how do i take care of this? so far ive just changed the oil and bought a k&n air filter that fits in the stock airbox. also i bot ngk plug wirez.whats steps should i take to try to do a major tune up?? please shoot me any tips or suggestions? my email is Icill209@hotmail.com. i'd really appriciated it

umm if it leakin on the oil pan , chech the O.P. gasket.. mine was that and i juz replaced it.

Comment

you should replace spark plugs , plug wires , distributor cap.You should also check the timing belt and water pump because of all the miles.
      Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

You should look for a car without these problems!!

Comment

salvage title, 16 year old car, 270k miles, and you paid $ 1800 for it??? My friend ,,,no offense but you ... GOT ROBBED..
          Nice Asses I Like
          Smart asses I don't

Comment

Originally posted by deserthonda
            salvage title, 16 year old car, 270k miles, and you paid $ 1800 for it??? My friend ,,,no offense but you ... GOT ROBBED..
            ^^^^ Totally!!!

Comment

ok i missed the 270k part.. im such an idiot..

well my friend , like wat they said.. u got robbed... no offense..

Comment

Lol not as bad as me i think. I got a 90 ex it was in ok condition. Its fast doesnt burn oil and interior is great for a 16 yr old car, problem is that main seal (where tranny and engine meet) needs to be replaced. My mom (dont flame me lol...ok u can) bought it for 4k. It was stock as hell, everything in it was factory when i got it. now i got an Alpine HU, and rockford power 6.5 in froont and 6x9 in back. new yokohoma tires, not the Avs or Parada but good ones i think about 96 bucks per tire. WEll i think i got robbed too, but the car is great, got osme dents and stuff oh and it had 186k mileage.
                Its mine now and i love it, gonna make it better. Sorry for u man, prolly gonna spend as much as repairing it for the cost of buying it, unless you do the work yerself then maybe u can save 1k. Good choice on type of car, but bad choice on that car lol, Good luck with your project
                www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Here's hoping it doesn't have rust, then the price wouldn't sound as painful....since I'd be willing to bet ones w/o rust obviously would bring a higher premium then ones that even had it already removed...and that's getting tougher to find.
                  '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                  EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

yeah u got robbed my car was in 3 wrecks (which my dad fixed them all) then his friend(who owned the car ) sold it to me for $50.00 w00t ! pretty sweet the body is alright but nothing some bondo cant fix, 250k on motor, 5 speed, nice interior(no rips) had a new alternater, newer clutch, starter, and t. belt, worked out good, i had to put about 250 into it, to getting it looking good, new bumer, hood, fender, light. id say i got a good deal from it my friend wanted to give me 1k for the car (he loves it)but i liked the car and it was my only car, so i said no(be gental guys)
                    My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Working...
                    X