rusted flex pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rusted flex pipe

hey guys..im in the final stages of my swap.. and i had some trouble with removing my flex pipe from the cat converter.. its rusted on.. i tried wd 40 and all.. but the bolt got rounded.. so whats the best thing for me to do? would it be safe for me to drive with just the header to the nearest muffler shop so they could take it off? or should i try n cut it off so i can put my h22 down pipe on and THEN drive to the muffler shop so they can take the remaining part from the down pipe?

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

hey man, sounds like u are havin the same problem i had. if you have any access to a cutting torch ar a propane torch, they mos def do the job best (that is if the bolts not too rounded). just heat up the nut till its red, than it should expand enough to crack free and spin off no prob. give it a shot, and if i were u i wouldnt even think bout driving it on open header or start it up at that. when i did my swap people on here said with the h22 and down pipe on, the rest of the exhaust would not bolt up, but mine did perfectly and it was good enough to drive round for 2 weeks before i had it redone 2 1/4" back. give it a shot though man!good luck

Comment

Well pull the flexpipe/cat off get some PB blaster and try to work on the bolts that are not rounded off. How badly rounded is the one you mention? If its not too bad try to carefully work it off. You can drive to a muffler shop with h22 dp on as long as o2 is hooked. Just going to be a bit on the loud side.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the bolts are rounded.. my 14 mm socket cant even grab hold of it.. ugh.. i might cut it off.. so i could drive with my h22 downpipe.. that'll be safer than the open header.. not sure yet.. anyone else?

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

hmm.. ill try this.. cutting the down pipe off.. try and unbolt the cat converter from the other end.. since i havent touched those bolts.. hopefully it'll come off.. then i can take the remaining part of the down pipe off of the cat.. or take it somewhere.. sound good?

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

Depending on the Position of the Nut, get a Gas Axe and heat up the Nut, then get a HEX Head 13 mm Socket and belt it onto the Rounded Nut. Once it's cooled down spray it with WD40. Get a Long Breaker Bar and Undo the nut. If that don't work then take it to the Muffler Shop.

Comment

koo.. ill do that.. thanks guys

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

Working...
              X