fuse keep getting fry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuse keep getting fry!

hi guys, i have a question about my fuse box..... one of my fuse keep getting fry/short...it is the STOP/HORN fuse....making my brake light not working when i step on the brake....got any idea???? coz i been changing the fuse for like 5 times now???

it sorta started a few days ago.....when i install a speaker with a light (KENWOOD TYPE).The wire for the speaker light i cross/join it to my rear light.....

i already disconnected the light speaker wire and and the horn wire...but it still happen...

got any clue on how to solve this problem....

(sorry, my english sucks..)

jdm rocks!!!

Did you check where you tapped on the wiring? Maybe it is shorting out with the body of the car.

Comment

retrack what u did, we no its something to do wit u messing wit the speaker lot in that area

Comment

let me check with it

jdm rocks!!!

Comment

did you replace the first blown fuse with one of the same size?
          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Do some continuity tests on the Brake Light Circuit. See if any wires are Shorting to Ground. Make Sure the the Correct Globes are installed. Double Point Globe in Brake/Tail.
            If single point globes are used in place of double point when you put the foot on the brake the circuit shorts to ground.

Comment

Originally posted by hondatuner4267
              did you replace the first blown fuse with one of the same size?
              yes i did, hondatuner4267

F22guru, i will recheck it

jdm rocks!!!

Comment

sound slike grounding problem.....check wires!
                My members ride thread

Comment

blah dude...do this, what you did that might of caused it, disconnect it...put a new fuse in, does it blow?

if it does then disconnect the horn...does it blow?

if it does disconnect each stop light individually and put in a new fuse every time, when it stops blowing then thats your problem.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                    blah dude...do this, what you did that might of caused it, disconnect it...put a new fuse in, does it blow?

if it does then disconnect the horn...does it blow?

if it does disconnect each stop light individually and put in a new fuse every time, when it stops blowing then thats your problem.
                    That's just a lazy mans Trial & Error excersize. Doing proper continuity and wiring circuit test will locate the source of the short without doing further damage, plus you won't be wasting so many fuses.

Comment

you got to start doing the eliminating process,, first off get a circuit breaker and install it instead of the fuse , this way it will pop and reset itself instead of replacing fuses,, If it does not blow when using the horn than disregard that system...

so if ,, it blows when you step on the brakes, chk the brake bulbs i have seen a few short out and blow fuses,, if ok, unplug the brake switch at the pedal and see if it blows, if still blows, disconnect brake wiring going to each side of the brake sensor at tail lite assembly,,,, remember each time you disconnect something you have to step on the brake see if it pops or not ,,
                      Since it started happening since you try to install speaker , i would chk to make sure you don't have a pinched wire on the area you were working on .

try and let us know ...
                      Nice Asses I Like
                      Smart asses I don't

Comment

i done my rechecking,guess what, it is not the horn or speaker that causes the fuse to fry, but a signal wire that is not sealed and touched with the body.... ..by the way the signal wire is from my previous bumper and it is not been used.....

what i dont understand is why it only fry the STOP/HORN and not the other fuse???

anyway, thanks a lot guys for giving me tips and advice u guys are really the CB7 sifu!!
                        Last edited by SM4; 02-14-2006, 12:11 PM.

jdm rocks!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X