Crankshaft Sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crankshaft Sprocket

I've been doing a t-belt change on my F22A1 and have come to a problem. In the Haynes manual they remove the crankshaft sprocket using two long flat-head screwdrivers to wedge, I'm assuming, between the sprocket and the concave washer (rather than between the washer and the block). Well, after some muscling with whatever little muscle I have, the sprocket will not budge. Should I keep wedging? Or is there something I'm missing?

Just to keep things clear, the reason why I'm removing the sprocket is to replace the crankshaft seal. Also, the Haynes manual's picture has the engine on a stand when they're using the two screwdrivers. There's much less room for screwdrivers when the engine's still in the bay.

BTW: I've been searching for this topic as I have with many previous questions I've had. As far as I can see this topic hasn't been discussed. Then again maybe my searching skills are sub-par.

Thanks in advance.

have you tried penetrating oil inbetween the spocket and crank? if not, try it and let it sit for about 5-10 mins and then pry away
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.0L I-6 2WD
    293k miles, still running strong.
    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Sounds good, I'll give that a try later.

Comment

Working...
      X