new engine: no power in high revs and poor idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new engine: no power in high revs and poor idle

Ok, i just finished swapping an f22a1 into my 92 accord ex. I put the intake manifold from the f22a6 on the engine, as well as the exhaust.

I installed a walbro 255lph fuel pump. I had a billet FPR on, but took it off because it was giving me problems. So now i have the stock FPR on there. When i start it up, it idles irradically, like an IAC, no big deal. But if i put the pedal to the floor, it loses power around 5500rpms, and bounces back down, and pops.
    i replaced the timing belt on the engine, so there's a possibility that i'm off a tooth, but it seems to be able to idle just fine at times.

I've been looking at vacuum diagrams, everything appears to be routed correctly. I don't have the intake diaphram control hooked up, to be honest i'm not sure what purpose it serves.

I spent the last few hours tinkering with it, looking for anything loose, disconnected etc. i turned the distributor all the way as far as its adjustable either way, not helping. it has brand new ZEX plugs, and NGK plug wires on it.
    someone told me it sounded like an ignition misfire, not fuel, but who knows.

i'm really confused, and unbelievably irritated at this point.

does anyone have any input as to what this might be? i know it's a long shot to know what i'm talking about from that description, but i'm desperate at this point, i worked on it til 9pm tonight, i started the day @ 8am, and i gotta be in class again at 8am tomorrow

lemme know what you guys think, i'm out of ideas.
    and on top of everything the F1 fiberglass fenders I ordered don't fit, and they want me to pay shipping to send them back!!
    it's been a rough week
    The CB7 Timeline
Working...
X