help with check engine light.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with check engine light.....

im throwing a code 43 and i was wondering if anyone has had this and what they replaced first.

WEll I dont think there is a code three im lookin in the haynes rigth now and you may be mistaken for this code. Im thinkin it may be a code 42=fuel supply system which = check the fuel pressure,fuel pressure regulator(see chapter 4) and oxygen sensor ) also check for vacuum leaks.
    then theres the code 1 which is the oxygen sensor content. Which=check the oxygen sensor and circuit. Check those both. I hope this helps keep us posted

Comment

ill double check thanks for ur help

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
        WEll I dont think there is a code three im lookin in the haynes rigth now and you may be mistaken for this code. Im thinkin it may be a code 42=fuel supply system which = check the fuel pressure,fuel pressure regulator(see chapter 4) and oxygen sensor ) also check for vacuum leaks.
        then theres the code 1 which is the oxygen sensor content. Which=check the oxygen sensor and circuit. Check those both. I hope this helps keep us posted
        well there is a 43 but not a 42 and you are correct that it is the fuel supply system, looked in a honda service manual.

Comment

yea i double checked its 43 but my car runs fine with no hesitation or anything so maybe ill just try the fuel filter since i havent replaced it in like 20,000 miles

Comment

Check the fuel filter is a definite

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
              That's is interesting, because the Haynes does say CODE 42, but there is no 42 it's actually CODE 43 - Fuel System Supply as per my PGM-FI EMS Training Manual. Anyone with a Helm's may clear that up.

Code 1 - Heated O2 Sensor would be for Excessively Lean Faults, where

Code 43 - Heated O2 Sensor would be for Excessively Rich Faults. i.e Fuel System Supply.

Also there is a Code 41 - Heated O2 Sensor Heater Fault.

First of all and the most important of all is CHECK THE ALL THE GROUNDS. Especially the ECU/EMS GROUND POINT "C" at the Thermo Housing for Cleanliness & Security.
              Also Check Alternator Charge Rate @ 1500 rpm. Should be approx 13.8 Volts(No Load)
              With Load (Lights on High Beam). Charge Rate Should Drop 0.5 - 1.0 Volt then recover immediately.
              Battery Voltage without Load (Engine Off/ Accessories Off) should be > 12.5 Volts. Anything less then the battery will need charging.
              Test Battery Voltage During Crank - Should be > 9.0 Volts.
              If the ECU is not receiving the correct voltages it will affect Injector Timing and Fuel Delivery.
              I'd also be checking for Intermittent Misfires, High Fuel Pressures, Leaking Injectors or a Contaminated O2 Sensor.

-GEOFF-
              Last edited by F22-GURU; 02-07-2006, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X