Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tires always chirp from the right. why is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was gonna suggest that if the right is spinning maybe its because there's more weight on the left, driver, motor, etc. Doesn't explain why the left wheel spins for that one guy tho. I don't remember what my car did.

Comment

Not to sound like an ass, but does it really matter?

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

Longer driveshaft on the left, including the intermediate shaft. Right tire gets the torque first, with less driveshaft windup.
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
          Longer driveshaft on the left, including the intermediate shaft. Right tire gets the torque first, with less driveshaft windup.
          yeah, i agree with that. i would say its a combination of the driveshafts, and the weight of the driver in the car. and if it's important isn't really an issue here. i thought this board was for people to discuss all things related to these cars?

Comment

Originally posted by rychas1
            when taking off spiritedly from a light, always going in a straight line, when i shift to second, my right tire is the one that always chirps (its a fetish to chirp, so dont ride my nutz about how dumb it is). naturally, i would think the tire is going bald, but both fronts are very thickly treaded. so is it just in the 5speed transmission? i rememeber my 88 lude, also 5speed, would scratch both fronts very well. but this cb7 seems to only scratch the right side. why is it? do i need an lsd or something? my tranny going? do i have 1 wheel drive rather than 2? clue me in.

my 1990 honda is a 5 speed and i always chirp both tiers all the time

Comment

Working...
            X