Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tires always chirp from the right. why is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tires always chirp from the right. why is that?

when taking off spiritedly from a light, always going in a straight line, when i shift to second, my right tire is the one that always chirps (its a fetish to chirp, so dont ride my nutz about how dumb it is). naturally, i would think the tire is going bald, but both fronts are very thickly treaded. so is it just in the 5speed transmission? i rememeber my 88 lude, also 5speed, would scratch both fronts very well. but this cb7 seems to only scratch the right side. why is it? do i need an lsd or something? my tranny going? do i have 1 wheel drive rather than 2? clue me in.
    92 accord coupe....mmm.basmati! (not) {FOR SALE, buy it!}
    92 jetta....PLeeze don't even try! SNS digi2'd auto!
    99 456M GTA.....if u know, u'll cream! FOR SALE!!!!

open diff = one wheel chirp/burnout.

Comment

Originally posted by SoapyToast
      open diff = one wheel chirp/burnout.
      Aye, there is a video on here in the media section I believe of someone in a stock CB7 doing a burn out and only the right wheel is spinning. Open diffs are the devil!

Comment

well roads are sloped to the right, that plus open diff. My car always chirps both wheels when I had my f22. With my h22 it depends on where the steering wheel is pointed.
        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
        registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
          You DOUBT that? Maybe not immediately... You REALLY have no idea how an alternator works do you? If you did, you'd understand why running an alternator with a sizeable load on it WITHOUT ANY BATTERY as a ballast is a fucking bad idea.
          Yea I totally agree with you it is a bad idea to have the car running with the battery terminal off for a long period of time however you have to read the thread im talking about.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=alternator
          My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
            Yea I totally agree with you it is a bad idea to have the car running with the battery terminal off for a long period of time however you have to read the thread im talking about.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=alternator
            Yeah, but that thread just proves what a total fucking idiot you are.

Comment

Originally posted by F22-GURU
              Yeah, but that thread just proves what a total fucking idiot you are.
              Funny how everyone in there said the same thing I did, and how they ALL proved you wrong.
              My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Funny how everyone in there said the same thing I did, and how they ALL proved you wrong.
                What? Accord91lx , & yourself.
                Fine couple of Automotive Experts you two are.

I think we should move this discussion to another thread instead of Jacking this one.

Comment

Originally posted by F22-GURU
                  What? Accord91lx , & yourself.
                  Fine couple of Automotive Experts you two are.

I think we should move this discussion to another thread instead of Jacking this one.
                  Im going to be the bigger person and not post anymore in this thread, I hope you will do the same.
                  My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

LOL @ the fragile egos on this board. Don't be a slave to your egos, people!!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Im going to be the bigger person and not post anymore in this thread, I hope you will do the same.
                      Yes, because we will never agree on this issue. I have my views and you have yours and this thread's not really the place to air our differences on an unrelated topic. I have no more to add on the original topic except to say to the OP - that's the way Standard Diffs Work. Catch Up to ya at another thread

Comment

Open-Diff make for Smokey 1 Wheel Peel.

- Zipcreature
                        Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

wow..i think the open diff answered my question. thanks. to the off topic fokes...
                          92 accord coupe....mmm.basmati! (not) {FOR SALE, buy it!}
                          92 jetta....PLeeze don't even try! SNS digi2'd auto!
                          99 456M GTA.....if u know, u'll cream! FOR SALE!!!!

Comment

hey i have almost the same problem but my left wheel driver side is the only one that spins, and i got lude rims, and 205 tires and i cant get any traction off the line, so i loose races cause of this, is there anyone who can give me ideas on what i should do, like differant size tires, or lsd?? if you want my aol sn is spooncb7

Comment

Yeah, buy some tyres with tread for more traction! Learn How to Take Off properly

Comment

Working...
                              X