f22 sounds like a subaru and runs bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 sounds like a subaru and runs bad

need helppp... my car was running perfectly fine til last thursday afternoon. I stopped over at a stereo shop to ask some questions. about 20 mins later I started up my car to leave but the car ran like crap. it's idling sounded like a WRX with exhaust. Sounded kinda cool if you had a boxer engine... =( The car runs like it's eternally bogging down at any rpm.

This happened to me before and i realized i didn't install my spark plug wires in the correct firing order, after that i never had a problem with it again. I checked my firing order again yesterday to see if anyone mysteriously swapped it but it was fine.

Also, i washed my engine by the day before this happened. i covered the distributor cap, alternator, fusebox, starter... after washing the car, i even drove it out wed night and thursday . but all of a sudden this happened on thursday night..

at this point i'm stumped! i dunno what to do.. anyone have any ideas on what i should check before i take it to a mechanic? thanks in advance for any help...

prob oil from a bad valve cover gasket in the spark plug tubes
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

i like the sound of wrxs w/ exhausts. Lol!
      Raceline USA

Comment

check you injectors or spark plug wires.. if one cylinder isnt firing.. it would make that noise.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMxCB7
          i like the sound of wrxs w/ exhausts. Lol!
          seriously. i wish my car sounded like a WRX

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Re-Badge It as a Subaru !! Half the idiots out there wouldn't know

Comment

spark plug tube seal went bad. the same thing happened to me. while everything was apart, i put on all 4 spark plug tube seals, valve cover gasket, plug wires, and new plugs. make sure to put a little bit of honda bond around your new gaskets, makes em stronger.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

oicc... I just didn't think it would be that again since I just recently had that very same job done not even a year ago, and 2 years ago... time for an H????? hehehehe

seriously.. i wish i really had a subby motor underneath that hood.. lol..

more seriously... could this just be a symptom of the real problem? since this is the 3rd time in 3 years that im having this very same 'symptom'?

thanks for the replies guys...

Comment

same thing happened to me in my old cb7 but the 3rd cylinder was dead...but you'd probably be able to tell cuz it'd barely run.

Comment

u might even have some bad gas everthink of that through some chevron techron injector cleaner n the gas tank and through some super in it and change the fuel filter

(\__/)
                    (O.o )
                    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Have you actually taken the Dizzy Cap off to see if there is any condensation under the cap? Don't be fooled into thinking because you covered the cap that no condensation can get in. Make sure all Electrical Connections are dry of water. Have you dried out the Spark Plug Tubes & Ignition Wire Plug Boots.
                      Also check in the Dizzy Plug Wires for water.

Comment

i didn't have time yesterday. I'll be checking all that later on today and i'll let you guys know.

afterward91: i hope that's not it... but if it is... it's H time!!!

f22-guru: no i haven't checked under the cap yet. i didn't really think it was gonna be a problem until it became a problem... since i was able to start and drive the car a few times after washing the engine bay. that is what puzzles me? besides the fact that the car ran perfectly fine for a 246,000 mile engine 20 minutes before....

Comment

that kinda wierd that this shit happend when u parked the car 2 days later at a store sound like bad fuel to me if it ws elcrical bad electrical problem i dotn think pop up next time u start it and all that water has evaperated within a few hour from temp of the engine,ive cleaned my engine about a dozen times and only cover the intake,u should only clean the engine while it is runnin if no one knew that so no electrical shit goes bad and current is flowin through ignition and all electrical parts

(\__/)
                          (O.o )
                          (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                            seriously. i wish my car sounded like a WRX
                            me to i love that sound
                            My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Originally posted by hpaccord91
                              that kinda wierd that this shit happend when u parked the car 2 days later at a store sound like bad fuel to me if it ws elcrical bad electrical problem i dotn think pop up next time u start it and all that water has evaperated within a few hour from temp of the engine,ive cleaned my engine about a dozen times and only cover the intake,u should only clean the engine while it is runnin if no one knew that so no electrical shit goes bad and current is flowin through ignition and all electrical parts
                              Yeah, What a brillinat Idea, never thought of that. You are really switched on, You must know your stuff about automotive electrics.

Comment

Working...
                              X