No announcement yet.

Random (warm engine)no-start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does the car crank over, but not fully start up? I would assume so if your ignition switch was replaced and you directly connected battery to starter motor properly.

If it still doesn't even crank over, then it's probably your starter solenoid which is mounted on your starter motor.

If it does crank over, but not fully start up...then it's something electrical in your ignition system most likely since it seems your fuel system is working properly. Ignition system wise it could be your igniter unit or your coil or bad connections among these.

Could you elaborate on specifically how your starter motor button system was wired?
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

when it works, it works normally, but when it doesnt... it doesn even crank over. absolutely nothing happens.

instead of the ignition wire going to the starter, it goes to the button relay, and then another wire goes from the button relay to the starter. so its bypassing all the wiring that went from the ignition swith to the starter. it was just an idea cause another person i know had bad ignition wiring and doing that fixed his car.

but ive noticed, the last few times that it took while to start, when it finally did, it cranked over a time or two kinda slowly and then started normally. but i dont think its the battery. if it had a problem holding a charge it would do it all the time.

Comment

Ok, seems like your setup is straight because you say when it starts up, it starts up right away like it should. I say it's loose connection/wiring or a going bad switch/solenoid somewhere.

I'd first start with verifying the connection from your starter button wire to the starter solenoid (mounted on starter motor) is good & clean. Reason I say this is because you mentioned that your car doesn't even crank over...therefore it's something BEFORE the starter motor because it's not getting enough or no juice at all to crank it over. Also because you just replaced the ignition switch, it seems like your starter button system is wired & works properly. Verify the battery is holding the right voltage just to make sure.

Get a remanufactured starter assembly (comes with motor & solenoid). There are two types (ie. Nippondenso & Mitsuba). Mitsuba is the more expensive one. Bring your old starter assembly..you get a core charge back.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
          have i checked my what?? for what??

im not familiar with either of those terms.
          sorry....ECM (electronic control module) DTC (diagnostic trouble codes)
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
            sorry....ECM (electronic control module) DTC (diagnostic trouble codes)
            oh you mean the ecu for cel's

yea, i never got a check light.

and yea, i thinking its the solenoid now. i know it cant be my ignition or anything distributor related cause that would affect performance... and it still runs great AFTER i get it started.

Comment

this happend to me before. IT ended up being the ignitor in the distributor. I know they had a recall on them i think becuase they would go bad thats what the honda dealer told me.
              cb7 sold
              2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
              95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordDx
                this happend to me before. IT ended up being the ignitor in the distributor. I know they had a recall on them i think becuase they would go bad thats what the honda dealer told me.
                did it run ok after you got it started?

im not sure if its just a coincidence, but my car wouldnt start this morning so i wiggled this piece of the starter, and then it started up right away... mabye a loose connection or something going bad. what part is this exactly???

btw, the black wire is going to the new button to start the car.
                Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 03-23-2004, 07:57 PM.

Comment

yea it ran fine when it started. maybe you have a loose wire to the starter. well its inside the distributor. you have to take the cap of sand the rotor and its like a little sqaure chip looking thing
                  cb7 sold
                  2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                  95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

well im sure now its not the distributor. whatever that wire is connected to is where the loose connection is. multiple times today my car wouldnt start... i wiggle that wire, and try to restart, and it does everytime.

whats on the inside of that connection? can it be taken apart and resoldered or tightened? or do i just need to get a new starter?

Comment

anyone??? please...

check pics, couple posts up.

Comment

bump cause i'm having the same problem

Comment

Working...
                        X