Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this is quickest way to install a clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh, i got clutch chatter fromt rying to get out of s steep driveway when i first put in my clutch.

happened twice now because of slipping it so much, so yea...chatter is bad

but, greasing everything does make a difference, mine's so easy to press ina dn out.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

UPDATE:

I HAVE CHATTER!

yay!

its been 1100 miles and there is still shaking when I am starting out slowly or reversing. It sucks... shoulda resurfaced when I had trhe chance. Just because it was a neew flywheel doesnt mean it won't chatter I guess!!

Oh well when I install suspension looks like I'll also be dropping the tranny.

hold on to your butts

Comment

Disregard my previous comment

I took about a 2 hour drive, then tried doing some burnouts. Musta been some thing on the surface of the flywheel=because after dropping the clutch and it was just slipping it smelled really bad. It did that once. Then the next time the tires spun up. But the chatter is gone and after it cooled off it grips better than ever. CHATTERS GONE!

hold on to your butts

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
          i HIGHLY recommend you buy a factory service manual from helm.com, eBay or the dealership. There are some sites on the net that have the entire factory manuals to download for free. seach "service manual" on here and print the entire section for removing the trans. and installing the clutch. I attempted my first clutch job with a haynes and ended up deeply regretting it. the factory manual has good illustrations and is very in-depth when it comes to removing the transmission and the clutch. it also tells you things that should be replaced once they are removed like the VSS seal and some random locknuts. there is no need to mess with fluids because you keep everything with fluid attached such as the speed sensor and the clutch system. one thing: if the clutch was still working good when you go to remove the trans., it will be difficult to get out. You have to work with it to get it away from the engine and it will eventually slide out. it is very heavy and will crush you or fall if you're not careful. I would have two people work it down or be sure and use a trans. jack. If you're from the salt belt, PB blaster and metrinch will be your friends big time on this project. if any suspension components, driveshafts or your rear mount is bad, this is a perfect time to replace them because everything is there and easy to get to with the trans out. replace seals and bolts if the SM says replace.

yeah..no shit..im from Ohio as well...and PB blaster.. I buy by the case...thats some GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD shyt...

INVEST in that shit!!
          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Working...
          X