This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery problems??

hey guys i havent posted in awhile cuz ive been busy sorry... anyway heres the story:

So this morning (6amish..)I start up the car and it starts like the battery is almost dead or something then it jumps to life after a few seconds...

i thought maybe i left the interior light on or something and that it would charge as im driving... after I drive for about 15-20 minutes i go to work I go home around 3ish and the car does the same thing... so now im getting a little worried but i had to go to college so i get to college and I turn the car off, I was hoping i could start it up right away without a problem since the drive was about 20 min and the alternator should have recharged the battery enough to start up quickly... but it didnt did the same thing as in the morning and after work.

Any suggestions?
    The Car

Check the alternator.
    - Ghosty
    WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
    FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

could be the battery, unhook your battery while the car is running.. if it dies check the alternator... if it lives replace the battery
      dirty accord->
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=13407
      crappy website

Comment

Check your battery connection first. Clean the battery connection. If your still having problems get your battery tested to see if it is holding a good charge. If problem continues then check the connection to your starter might as well disconnect it and clean the connections. If you still have that problem bring your starter to a shop to test it and that is free most of the time. Good luck and post what happens afterwards

Comment

i think its the battery now because before i started the car again i turned the key to (accessory mode i think?) and hit the brakes as well as turned the headlights on and off so if it was the battery that would drain it... turns out it was cuz after that i tried to start it and it made that clicking sound it makes when the battery is low or dying..

Am i right or could it be something else, if i am right what could cause the battery to randomly start dying? i havent left the lights on or anything in like a year... and whats the cheapest battery i can throw in there? I am pretty broke right now...

thanks for ur help guys.
          The Car

Comment

Originally posted by b33rnut010
            could be the battery, unhook your battery while the car is running.. if it dies check the alternator... if it lives replace the battery

Comment

Originally posted by b33rnut010
              Right, and while you're at it, you might as well check and see if you have fuel pressure by cutting the supply line with scissors. Don't forget to check and see if you have enough oil by bashing a hole in the oil pan with a fuckin' hammer and measuring how much comes out.

cha-ching

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                Right, and while you're at it, you might as well check and see if you have fuel pressure by cutting the supply line with scissors. Don't forget to check and see if you have enough oil by bashing a hole in the oil pan with a fuckin' hammer and measuring how much comes out.

cha-ching
                That's Gold!

Hasn't this conversation been flogged before in another post.
                DoctorCipher, I think we should leave it to them to find out the hard way.

REPLACE YOUR BATTERY!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher

cha-ching
                  hahahahahah just had to laugh at that

Comment

battery terminal problem

see...http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=475450

I found that the clip thing that connects to the Positive wire on the battery was loose on the terminal... but its as tight as it goes... you cant tighten it anymore yet there is still a gap between the clip and the terminal.

what do i do?
                    The Car

Comment

take a vise grp wide enough and clamp down on it and sqweeze slightly more on the sides of the on the clip and then it should be tight enough but dont do it too tight. Do it so that it fits snug and wont come loose and recieves a nice connection.

Comment

change the terminal. i ran into a similar problem a couple months ago; car wouldn't start and wouldn't even start after jumping it. then i looked at the terminal and same scenario as yours.. didn't have full contact. i ended up changing the battery since it was under the warranty but i did replace both battery terminals as well.
                        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I replaced both of my connectors that tighten to the battery. They were in the position that when fully tightened, they were still loose.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

It's best to replace the terminals, but a little trick I learn't many a moon ago was to get an old Aluminium Coke Can and cut off a small strip about the Width of the Battery Post and long enough to wrap around twice. Wrap the Strip around the Battery Post and refit the Terminal and Tighten up until there is no movement. It's a good temporary fix until you get the Terminals Replaced.

BTW: Don't forget to clean the paint of the can and clean the Battery Terminal.

Comment

I edited your thread title. Make it more relevant to the subject from now on so people can find it in a search and not "wtf..."
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                              X