90-91 and 92-93 Accord P/S differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-91 and 92-93 Accord P/S differences?

I did a search and could not find anything on this subject.

Anyhow, did some Sunday-driving with our 93 LX 10th anniversary automatic Accord today and man does it ride nice, good cruiser. Keep in mind all our Accords are in good working order. Anyways, I'm used to driving my 90-91 Accords and for some reason I noticed a difference in the steering systems. This 93 LX we have the turning feels slightly heavier and not as touchy as the 90-91 Accords I'm used to driving.

So my question is, are there any differences in design between 90-91 and 92-93 Accords in the steering systems? Or is this a 10th anniversary edition difference? Heck, maybe it's the differences in the different brand tires...I keep the tires at 32 psi by the way and it was not low.

I'm curious and factual information please, no BS thanks.
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-29-2006, 06:12 PM.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Probably the Tyres!!
    What size rims and width of tyres are used in each example?

Comment

Both are stock 195/60 R15 setups.

The 90-91 have good quality & good condition tires (BF Goodrich Traction T/A). This 93 LX has good condition tires, but they are a Lemans brand (cheaper brand)...came with the car when my dad bought it from a coworker.

All tire pressures are maintained at 32 psi.
      Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-29-2006, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Apparantly, there is a slight difference in the variable assist in 90-91 and 92-93. I have noticed this myself as well. The 92-93 is given a little more "feel" than the 90-91. I drove an 89 once from my car and almost went off the road turning a corner because the steering was so light. It is a very nice feature that I'm glad they added in 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by xaxis360
          Apparently, there is a slight difference in the variable assist in 90-91 and 92-93. I have noticed this myself as well. The 92-93 is given a little more "feel" than the 90-91. I drove an 89 once from my car and almost went off the road turning a corner because the steering was so light. It is a very nice feature that I'm glad they added in 1990.
          Yea, I know about the variable assist, but is there proven information regarding differences between 90-91 and 92-93 Accord models? I'm just curious here, all our cars are in good working order.

Comment

Working...
          X