resonator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resonator question

hello, i was wondering where does the resonator go in the car (somewhere in exhasut pipping...) and what differece does it make if i change to an after market one? Currently i have 3 in straight pipping with no cat. What would be the outcome if i add a cat and a resonator with my 3 in pipping? i have a twin loop exhaust 2.25 in size

thanks

Oscar

Why would you want to put a resonator when you have no emissions thangs? lol!!

...you do know what acid rain is right? j/k

The outcome is your exhaust system will be slightly quieter. That's it. 3 inches good lord!

that must wake up the dead across the planet!!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
    1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by viper55os
      hello, i was wondering where does the resonator go in the car (somewhere in exhasut pipping...) and what differece does it make if i change to an after market one? Currently i have 3 in straight pipping with no cat. What would be the outcome if i add a cat and a resonator with my 3 in pipping? i have a twin loop exhaust 2.25 in size

thanks

Oscar
      The resonator goes in the middle of the cat and the muffler. Changing it to an aftermarket one may make a difference in how deep your exhaust will sound. With your 3 in piping unless your boosted is bad. Adding a cat and a resonator will take the raspy sound from your exhaust creating a more deeper tone. If your not boosted then it is best to go 2.25 in - 2.5 in piping and if you are boosted keep it straight.

Comment

Working...
      X