Knocking in the engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knocking in the engine

every morning when it is cold out relatively around 20 degrees or so i let the car warm up for 5 min give or take then drive it at 2 to 3k rpm and i hear this really annoying knocking (not really bad or loud) but once it gets to operating temp that noise goes away

could some one answer this question if possible

will try to get a clip to show but will be hard since i don't have a video camera right now
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

im assuming those are rod knocks. the f series loves those.

valve adjustment might fix the problem
    :o

Comment

thanks for the help
      i will consider that
      <

Comment

Mine does the exact same thing at 240K, our mechanic here at the shop said it's probably not a rod, but piston slap..since expansion (heat) causes it to go away..where a rod generally gets worse as the engine warms up. It's noticeably louder during cold weather start ups.

Comment

i get a ticking noise when i drive in the cold but once the car fully warms up, it goes away. i was told it's just the lifters or the valves ticking.

Comment

I was hoping that was what mine was, but it was a definite knock in the lower end. We put the stethoscope to the block and I got the bad news....

Comment

hondas are infamous for that tick! its probably just a rocker arm tick or a valve tick but i cant say for sure if i dont hear the car in person
              CALL ME A TRAITOR, BUT I GOT A CADDY NOW!!

Comment

Yeah...it's been doing it about 15,000 miles and hasn't got much worse..I'm prepared though..I work at a wrecking yard.

Comment

Doesn't really matter i'm getting an H22 soon this summer.
                  the f22 was the work of my neglecting dad cuz i got the car from him just a few months ago.

i know this gets asked alot but,
                  any suggestions on where to get an h22?(without tranny, i just need ecu and motor mounts)
                  <

Comment

www.hmotors.com they have a good rep,and pretty cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X