Grounding??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grounding??

I've searched but I didnt come up w/ any threads that really pertained to this. I was thinking of just using my old amp wire that ccame w/ the car for ground wires. But then I searched on ebay and the ground kit on there is like 11$$ I was just wondering would the ebay kit be worth it or just use my old amp wire for ground wires? My plans were to ground out the whole engine bay but idno what to do. And also is there any specific wiring ga # I should use for best grounding??? Thanks in advance and sorry if theres been another thread over this.. I couldnt find it.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
    ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
    ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

you should go with the ebay ground kit they are made to be grounded for engin as in heat and ETC... but if you whant to gain power with a good ground kit go with a APEXi ground kit, at lessss 5 hp or more de pending on your engin mods you have

Comment

Hmm thats kool. Thanks for the heads up, and the A'Pexi is how much $ though? And hooking up the ebay ground kits the car should drive a little bit smoother due to all flow from the grounds??

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
      ALOW1, TheNextAZN

ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

If i am right isnt the ebay kit 8 gauge wire? You can pull off using ur old amp wires but the crimps and the thing that goes onto the battery will cost the money.

Comment

Hm then maybe i'll just be better off getting an ebay kit for cheap then just use some other random grounds w/ some other wire and run it that way?

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
          ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

Those ebay kits for like 10 bucks, now you have me considering it. I just wonder if it looks ugly installed. I don't want it as bling, I'd be happy if it was invisible.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Well IMO they dont look too bad. I've seen a couple friends running them, but i've never thought about it. I mean now that I do think about it 10-15$ for the ground kit is pretty cheap considering you'd have to buy the wire, and all the connectors. I might just get a red wire kit or something to match the car somewhat and ground stuff out. I want as much clean flow and power as I can w/ little stuff done.. if you know what I mean. Later.

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
              ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

we did a DIY ground wire kit on my friends Celica GTS and he noticed a good gain from it, car doesnt wanna bog as much, lights are brighter, and his lights dont flicker like they used to
                1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                4.0L I-6 2WD
                293k miles, still running strong.
                Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-G...QQcmdZViewItem

Hmm does anyone know what the significance of that Voltage Stabalizer is, and does anyone think it'd be worth it to buy something like this???

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
                  ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Comment

i think import tuner did a power pages with those HKS voltage stabilizer and noticed a gain, not much but a gain nonetheless...i havent heard any bad things about them
                    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                    4.0L I-6 2WD
                    293k miles, still running strong.
                    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by xwade01
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-G...QQcmdZViewItem

Hmm does anyone know what the significance of that Voltage Stabalizer is, and does anyone think it'd be worth it to buy something like this???
                      fake shit

Comment

just for the record... grounding kits do not "add" power, just restores power that was robbed by the poor grounds. for more information.....search.
                        Seattle Silver crew #5
                        Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                        ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

ive always wanted to say this...SEARCH

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=ground+kit

lol jk ..but ya u could run the wires where theres existing wires as well and it will be a bit better hidden
                          rollin on em twankiez

Comment

Grounding does help.
                            Get those ebay ground wires and reground your stock Honda ground points...

---
                            negative battery to - Motor - to firewall - to alternator - to light housing - back to chassis...
                            you'll get better radio reception, you can dial higher volume on your deck, get brighter gauge lights and your window regulators will work slightly better...

no, no hp gains. get a rice decal, you'll net 10hp from any decal put on your car

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                            1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

a while back a friend of mine's car had grounding problems, so instead of going through and sanding off all the ground points we took a long piece of old amp wire that we ripped out of his car and stripped sections off with a razorblade, and starting at the battery we ran it from bolt to bolt to bolt haha...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X