Car sounds like shit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car sounds like shit.

My car sounds like it has no oil in it. It does have a oil leak. But i put oil in it regularly. I checked my CEL(the cel wasnt on but i checked it anyway)and the l;ight just stayed on. If i am reading these cods correct i have a bad ecu. Someone help me please
    My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

u have no cel but u have a code for a bad ecu???

idk what it could be, u need more details.

Comment

Im not sure if it is that code. The light just stayed on no blinks or anything just on.
      My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

umm ok, more details on what its doing? sputtering, knocking, smoking, etc?????

Comment

knocking
          My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

Sounds like it has an oil leak? You mean the engine sounds like alittle off? You may need to use a thicker oil. I had used 5W-30 for awhile as the manual said, in my old cb7, and I had to switch to 10W-40 to make it quieter.

Comment

i97supratti Sounds like it has an oil leak? You mean the engine sounds like alittle off? You may need to use a thicker oil. I had used 5W-30 for awhile as the manual said, in my old cb7, and I had to switch to 10W-40 to make it quieter.
              hmmm....i havent putany oil in it today so it probably needs it so im gonna go put some in it.
              My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

does it sound like this?

http://www.bigtuffguy.com/cb7/myengine.avi

Comment

Originally posted by CKYaccordHIM
                  hmmm....i havent putany oil in it today so it probably needs it so im gonna go put some in it.
                  Check the dipstick after the car has been off. If it doesn't need any then don't overfill it. Do you remember what oil you put in before? Was it 5W-30 or a lighter oil? If so do a drain and refill with a heavier oil,like 10W-40.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                    Whoa, is that JakFrostWhite's car? Looks like it. Why does it sound like that?What was wrong with it?

Comment

93accordexcoupe does it sound like this?

http://www.bigtuffguy.com/cb7/myengine.avi
                      Yeah it sounds basically like that except i dont think as loud
                      My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

slight knock ohwell stash aside for another longblock and be prepared

Comment

no cel, then when you jumper it the light stays on.... all my ECU's do that, and they all work fine... so im inclined to think that it means that its alright.
                          Seattle Silver crew #5
                          Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                          ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

the cel stays on if its jumped.If its blinks and it repeated its self it would be a bad ecu, but its stays on solid if its jumped.

ILBB
                            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

I think i have a bad ecu? not the hondata the f22 ecu. When i drive after 3 minutes letting it warm up while cruising the car feels like it wants to slow down and this is when i have my foot on the gas partial throttle. But when i stomp my foot down then it returns to normal slightly.

Comment

Working...
                              X