No announcement yet.

can i put alcohol through my system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exactly,it shouldnt change,thats my point.i have been using it.i havent stop it says to use it for up to 15 tank fulls,i am on my 14th.i will stop soon and then see.it shouldnt go back because once there clean there clean.undertsnad.

Comment

i just thoughtv i would fuck around with this engine before i put my new one in.

Comment

at least think logically in that you may need an engine sooner than you think. fuel injector cleaner is good enough
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

no it says use evry tank,but only up to 15 times.

Comment

i use stp or whatever i find at advance auto or auto zone every once in awhile, just as a mantenance thing, but reading the bottle once taught me that , they inform you to not use a bottle of fuel injector cleaner more than once per like 4 thousand miles! so im thinking maybe you have overkilled the fuel injector cleaner man.. and in your experiment, if you used some cleaner and it cleaned them, i dont think that it would change if you put another bottle in. i wouldn't think that they would clean away dirt particles that weren't there anymore?? or whatever dirty's them up, maybe not dirt, just stuff in gas or whatever, but the point im trying to make is that after you completely wash a car, then it dries, you wont notice much if you wash it again right after, am i right? but that doesn't mean that the second time you washed it you did something wrong, it just means that there wasn't much ground to be made up. i typed way too much to make a point. sorry
            92 lx
            automatic
            slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

no it ok,i was just going by there directions,my engine runs mint,so it didnt hurt nothnig,when i looked into my throttle body there was no black gunk,there was before i started using the cleaner,thats proof right there that it works.i have stopped using it now,but my engine runsgreat and i have no regrets doing what i did because i followed the directions.and i seemed to do good and not bad.

Comment

No offense, but nothing has been proved at all here.

There's been absolutely no evidence scientific procedure. There's been no evidence of quantifiable data. All this thread has told me is that you've dumped cleaner after cleaner into your gask tank and eventually all the chemicals actually did something [maybe].

In order for this to be valid you'd need to get as many fuel injectors as brands of cleaners that you'd want to test. You would then need to get them all clogged in precisely the same manner. Next, you would mock up a duty cycle simulator and feed an entire gastank of fuel + cleaner mixture through. You would continue this per the reccomendations of the product (if it says 3 tanks, run 3 through, if it says 15, then 15 tanks with the product, and if it only says 1, then 1 tank). Laslty, you would need to run an entire tank of undiluted fuel through, measuring flow rates, spray patterns, pressure loss, overall "performance" of the injector. These would be compared to their original "dirty" performance results, as well as a control: one brand new injector measured on all variables you plan measure with the dirtied injectors. I'm sure that there are other ways to do it, but this would be one example.

If you think Gumout really works, then terrific, use it all you want. If you want real proof you'll need to conduct a real experiment. I'm sorry to sound like a flamer, or an ass or something. However, critics seem more necessary than ever in this "Information Age" when anybody can say whatever they want and actually be heard, as we've evidenced here.

Comment

take your intake off,put the injector cleaner on a clean rag,rub it all through the throttle body and allthat gunk will come off on the rag,then let it avaporate and reinstall intake.

Comment

andrews funny it wasnt supposed to be scientific,for all i know the cleaners could of all worked togther.lol

Comment

god this things outa control.all i wanted to know if alcohol would work,this should be closed cause its kinda stupid.
                      Last edited by 91accord4door; 02-25-2004, 05:21 PM.

Comment

no,i couldnt have,but if you ever clean your throttle body make shure you get the front and back of the throttle plate,theres a bunch of shit on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                          andrews funny it wasnt supposed to be scientific,for all i know the cleaners could of all worked togther.lol
                          If you're not prepared to properly evaluate the effects of a given product then you should stop making claims about it. I tried to make that point clear in my post. When anybody can say anything, and be heard, there need to be people around pointing out inaccuracies and inconsistencies. Without these critics, or cynics, or whatever you want to call them, misinformation would run even more rampant than it already does.

Comment

lol,dude i was just seeing what people thought about alcohol not your opinoins on injector cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                              lol,dude i was just seeing what people thought about alcohol not your opinoins on injector cleaner.
                              haha, but you did man... you turned it into a thread about YOUR opinions on injector cleaners and how well they clean accord injectors. you said so yourself in posts like this one:

Originally posted by 91accord4doori just thought i would test fuel injector cleaners to see if any actually did give better gas mileage like there supposed to,i tested 5 brands and "gumout" worked.it did give me better gas mileage.i tested each one from a full tank.and with "gumout" i got about 3-5 miles extra per tank.i wont use it on my h22 swap i just thought i would try sometihng.so if anyone wants to clean there injectors "gumout" does work.
                              that's what made everyone else start to question your findings. just say that you're not 100% positive that it was, in fact, the "gumout" chemical that increased your gas mileage.

Comment

well i fucked the thread up,i got my info on alcohol and i am done with this thread,its idiotic,and if i made it that way then i made it that way,either way its stupid.lol i will watch you guys argue though its quite amusing.
                                Last edited by 91accord4door; 02-25-2004, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X