Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test pipe and new 02 throws CEL

HI
    i installed a test pipe and a Denso O2 sensor (p/n: 234-4095) runs fine, but im getting a code 43 (Fuel Supply System Defective or malfunctioning Fuel Supply System ). never thew the code before, and only does it every once in a while.

wondering if this is something i jacked up, bad O2, or if its just what happens when i put in a test pipe... i kinda get the feeling its running rich also but im not sure, its been installed for about 24 hours now so i dont really know

PS. its a 1992 ex stick with a stock exhaust, and DC header
    Last edited by b33rnut010; 01-22-2006, 01:40 AM.
    dirty accord->
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=13407
    crappy website

Is it the correct type O2 Sensor for Vehicle. Heated 4 Wire v 2 Wire?
    As the Test Pipe is more or less a gutted Cat and it is installed after the O2 Sensor I can't see it being the Test Pipe, just coincidental. The O2 is the last line of defence for the EMS.
    Do the Wires on the New O2 Sensor & The Harness Plug Match Up to the Wiring & Pin Designation at the ECU?

Comment

1: Remove and return the Denso to Advance Auto

2: Buy and install a Genuine Honda sensor.

3: Remove and replace the 10 AMP Back-up fuse to clear the trouble code

4: Retest.

Comment

XAXIS360:those honda 02 sensors are a little crazy priced... so i dont know how i feel about that.
        F22: but yeah, it was the correct 4 wire, with the OEM plug (no soldering) i imagine the pinouts are the same, but i cant find them for the life of me.

chances are its just a falty 02? hmmmmm

maybe i'll get an NTK/NGK O2... bosch isnt an option fuck eBay with thir cheap ass 02 sensors
        dirty accord->
        crappy website

Comment

OEM O2 Sensors are the best IMO for any car that is. Better than that generic bosch shit at autozone.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by b33rnut010
            XAXIS360:those honda 02 sensors are a little crazy priced... so i dont know how i feel about that.
            maybe i'll get an NTK/NGK O2... bosch isnt an option fuck eBay with thir cheap ass 02 sensors
            I'm Sure Denso & Bosch are the OEM of Honda O2 Sensors
            NTK O2 Sensors are Top Quality as well, but not sure if they make one for the 90-93 F22A Engine. They make them for the 94-97 F22B's

Here's a sight that sells them
            http://www.drivewire.com/hondaparts/...gensensor.html

Comment

thats weird, because Denso doesnt list a part number for our cars when searching by year/make/model or by honda part number (on the Denso site) but NTK/NGK does (on the NGK/NTK site)... this whole thing has me confused.. its like an oxygen sensor black hole

P.S. are Nippon Denso and Denso the same? or is it lke NGK/NTK?
              dirty accord->
              crappy website

Comment

Now the lesson learnt is BUY OEM GENUINE HONDA!!!

Comment

arnt the OEM honda sensors made by NTK and/or Denso?
                  dirty accord->
                  crappy website

Comment

Good luck with that code 43, it's a bitch. It's probabaly nothing you did, it just shows up and never leaves.
                    -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by b33rnut010
                      arnt the OEM honda sensors made by NTK and/or Denso?
                      yea i think so, just like half of our cars parts. it says denso all over my car and i havent replaced any of it

Comment

So you installed a testpipe, and now your wondering why you have a cel?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

few things here. NO.1 the test pipe wont throw the code, cause i have one, so chances are probably not. what you probably need to do is unhook the negative battery terminal and let it sit overnight. this is way longer than needed, but cant hurt. this allows the ECU to reset, and after about a tank of gas weorth driving sense that the new part is there, and it will go away hopefully lol, GL with it

Comment

Originally posted by Blaize
                            few things here. NO.1 the test pipe wont throw the code, cause i have one, so chances are probably not. what you probably need to do is unhook the negative battery terminal and let it sit overnight. this is way longer than needed, but cant hurt. this allows the ECU to reset, and after about a tank of gas weorth driving sense that the new part is there, and it will go away hopefully lol, GL with it
                            You could do it that way but all it takes is to remove the 7.5 amp BACK-UP Fuse for 15+ Seconds to clean ECU Memory. Then drive it around normal for a couple of days for the ECU to Re-Learn the Fuel Cells.
                            Just Don't Pump The Accelerator when trying to start the car cold as it can flood.
                            As I said previously the Test Pipe/Hi-Flow Cat is Post O2 So will have no effect on the EMS

NOTE: If using RTV SILICONE to seal exhaust components anywhere near the O2 Sensor make sure the Silicone has fully cured before running the Engine, as the fumes will contaminate the new sensor and fuck it.

TIP: Also it is good practice to have an old Fucked O2 Sensor Fitted when Cleaning out the Throttle Body or De-carbonising the Engine. Once all the contaminates are clear, refit the Good O2 Sensor. Reset & Re-Learn ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
                              Good luck with that code 43, it's a bitch. It's probabaly nothing you did, it just shows up and never leaves.
                              yea i had the same problem. i couldnt get it off for my life. my o2 sensor guage was always reading lean. once in awhile it went up to stoich under full throttle so i ended up changing the o2 sensor with one i had lying around. but before that i changed it, i tried upping the fuel presure=wrong, tried my f22 injectors=wrong, put back the h23 injectors=still wrong, even used 87 octane=wrong(i always use 93,just a guess) , even tried a fuel induction service from my job=wrong, even installed a walbro 255fuel pump=still wrong. its the o2 sensor, get OEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X