Overheating on Highway!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating on Highway!!

I just had a big ass nitrous/turbo kit fitted to my ride by a local performance shop. big work to the internals and man this bitch is ready for work,the whore is a sleeper too .
    Dudes you see i like trawling the highways for vettes & vipers to play with.
    The other day i was out trawling and come up to a one of them Aussie Pontiacs GTO's so i gave him the finger and planted the boot into the carpet. Fuck man his eyes lit up and he gave chase. Now as you can tell my bitch ain't no slowcoach by any means but I had to give up the run cause the engine started to overheat once i hit a 100.
    I pulled over to the side of the road and let the engine cool down a bit, as well as my brain. I waited for 3/4 hour or so and checked the radiator. It was nice and green and full to the top.
    I started her up again and let it idle for a while. Engine reached normal temperature and fans cut in and out OK. Temp gauge sitting pretty now - no problems. Still . I drove off and took it easy on the way home and everything was sweet. I took it back to the shop and they check it out - no problems they say.
    BTW: They put in a radiator, thermostat, water pump, hoses etc when they done the turbo job. All new Honda parts as well!! except for the goodies. like the ZEX Nitrous & DRAG Turbo kit. ECU, Injectors, exhaust, brakes suspension were all upgraded to suit the extra couple of HP.
    They pressure tested it, checked the valve timing and tune - all OK. So I thought great all's OK.
    So that nite I went out trawling again, well suck me dry & call me dusty if I didn't come upon the same dude in his GTO. Well he didn't need a invitation this time. We're into it again and the fucker started overheating again at speed.(100+). I slowed down to normal speed and the temp came back down to normal while cruising. Now I'm . Drove around for an hour all OK. give it some again on the highway and sure enough up went the temp gauge.
    I drove back home stuck it in the garage and made a couple of choice phone calls. I told them to stick it up there ass and I'll go elsewhere.
    I'm at wits end!! Spent all my dollars and this shit happens.
    Any one here got a clue??
    Sorry about the novel but I thought I'd explain it thoroughly.

I may have worded it wrong, by looking at the part numbers on the receipt, the waterpump, hoses, thermostat & timing belts are Honda.
    The radiator is not look stock. Sorry about the confusion.

Comment

Cooling is pretty basic. Engine warms enough to open thermostat, coolant flows through engine block, hoses, and than radiator where it gets cooled by the air from the fan(s) and going down the road. So, questions...
      1. what is the coolant mix ratio at?
      2. when the temp gauge is up at normal do you see good fluid flow?
      3. does the main fan come on?
      4. does the second fan come on?
      5. how many cores are in the new radiator?
      It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
        No problem.
        Judging by your posting history, I doubt anyone will give a damn about your issues.
        thats fucked up in-itself,but i see 93CB7 is one of the good guys. hope your shit turns out better. keep it posted

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderCat
          thats fucked up in-itself,but i see 93CB7 is one of the good guys. hope your shit turns out better. keep it posted
          Thanks for the pat on the back. It feels good to be recognized for what we do.
          It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
            No problem.
            Judging by your posting history, I doubt anyone will give a damn about your issues.
            WTF was that about. He seems to have deleted his posts
            I suppose the same should be said about SteveB's issues then.
            I've seen SUKMEIDIK'S ( Name) posting history and seems like a bit of harmless fun to me.
            Hey SteveB get over yourself champ, it's a bit rude if you can't have a joke when you want. I've copped some shit while I've been here, I've also posted some serious advice, but I also like to have some fun too. Lighten Up Mate.
            What you think your shit don't stink or something.
            Oh! let's all be serious and not make fun of anyone, we might hurt their girly feelings.
            Last edited by F22-GURU; 01-22-2006, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
              Cooling is pretty basic. Engine warms enough to open thermostat, coolant flows through engine block, hoses, and than radiator where it gets cooled by the air from the fan(s) and going down the road. So, questions...
              1. what is the coolant mix ratio at?
              2. when the temp gauge is up at normal do you see good fluid flow?
              3. does the main fan come on?
              4. does the second fan come on?
              5. how many cores are in the new radiator?
              OK Now I've got that off my chest.

I go along with you 93CB7 but correct me if I'm wrong 93 I think he said the Fan's Cut in & Out & Had Good Coolant levels. So that would eliminate Q2, 3 & 4. and he says the radiator is not stock so it's I'd say he may have a suitable size radiator core to match the grunt-fest. That's Q5 sorted, but we'll wait for confirmation.
              That leaves Coolant Mixture - 50:50??

No Air Flow restrictions?
              What size area does the Inter-cooler cover?
              What's the distance between Inter-cooler & Radiator?
              I've had it before on another car that the covers on top of the radiator and the covers under the car were missing and the air was being sucked away from going directly through the radiator.
              If they had the bumper off to fit the Inter-cooler & put in a larger radiator they may not have fitted these thing back to your car?
              Maybe get a hood with the slots.

Comment

if the overheating ONLY happens at hwy driving, there has to be some sort of restriction with radiator,,,,,,,,,,,,I would also do a cylinder leakage test ,make sure you do not have a blown head gasket ,
                Nice Asses I Like
                Smart asses I don't

Comment

same problem here....

I still have that problem and it's getting worse if you find out before I do please post....
                  Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Originally posted by 1991acclude View Post
                    I still have that problem and it's getting worse if you find out before I do please post....
                    first thing is check your cooling system. how long has it been maintained or changed?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                    X