X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another: car won't start thread

yes the car won't start

heres the situation:
    i decided to follow cokinuts diy on the h23 swap, everything went well, but when i went to start the engine i got major crankage but no firing. odd thing is before the swap my car was fine as far as starting and all.

symptoms:
    i noticed when i turn the key on "on" i dont hear the fuel pump, u kno the little click after a few seconds, so i opened up the fuel rail again and noticed it was dry.

my question stands for all the engine gurus, or those who have experienced this. what exactly do i need to do? get a new fuel pump? i read about the relay issue, but is that only for warm conditions? obviously its still cool/cold so... or could it be my distrutor and/or the coil??

any ideas or suggestion would be great

thanks in advance cb7tuners =)
    Frost White CB7 Crew #28
    RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

hmmm check for fuel then check for spark i dont think your getting both did you do any excess wiring during the swap?

Comment

as far as all the fuel stuff, no excess wiring, everything went back to where it belonged, except this time on the h23 mani =T weird huh
      Frost White CB7 Crew #28
      RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

i have an h23 mani.....took it off twice that night due to gasket leaks, but she started up fine that......i dont wanna give bad advice, but how was your car running before...you said fine.....any staling sputtering ex ex...helps diagnoise the problem better....double check everythying, maybe throw your f22ax back on and see if it does the same thing......work backwards??

edit:
        throw your stocker fuel regulator on maybe that one is messed somehow, or are u using the accord fuel rail and setup?
        Last edited by ehulst; 01-16-2006, 10:25 PM.
        93 Accord- SOLD
        94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

as far as the car running previously, no problems what so ever
          all the fuel stuff was from the f22

thanks for the help so far guys =) keep it coming! lol i need a car to drive to school and work =P
          Frost White CB7 Crew #28
          RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

maybe your fuel filter is cloged? how recent has that been changed? just throwing ideas out...i kno it isn't a ford, but @ my vocational school we had an explore that drove there and then never started when we tried moving it....turned out the filter was clogged as shit......replaced that and a ground and it ran fine.....then had it towed to the dealer to have the ant-theft recoded...
            Last edited by ehulst; 01-16-2006, 10:44 PM.
            93 Accord- SOLD

Comment

have someone sit in your car, to see if the fuel pump is working walk to the back, and have someone turn the key to the ON position not start, for about 5 to 10 secs you should hear a whirring sound, or get up front by the injestors and see if you hear it, its a faint sound, but distinct, get back to me after you check that fuel pump could be siezed, if thats the case take it out and hook up both the terminals yto a car battery or 12Vs and it should freeze up.

Comment

so ure saying give the fuel pump a jump start? maybe i should give it a kick lol, where is the fuel pump located, and where is the fuel filter? sorry i need myself a manual =(
                Frost White CB7 Crew #28
                RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

fuel filter is in the engine bay, passenger side on the firewall...

i wouldn't suggest hitting the fuel pump unless you have to... i've been told its only for emergencies

Comment

Originally posted by bboygreddy
                    sorry i need myself a manual =(
                    I think you've just answered your question.
                    BTW: Was the Donor H23A Car OBD-I or OBD-II ??
                    Think Immobilizer!!!

Comment

hows goes it??you find the problem???
                      93 Accord- SOLD

Comment

not quite yet, been pretty busy -_-, but im gettin on it, friends comin over tomorrow, hes a mechanic, gonna check out the fuel pump, hook it up to an external battery to see if the thing actually works, if so gonna check the main relay, that might be the case, all becuase i dun hear the fuel priming when its on "on"

i miss my car already lol! hahah well im currently drivin my moms tC so its not a bad tradeoff
                        Frost White CB7 Crew #28
                        RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

hRMmmmmmm alrite, just got a brand new fuel main relay from honda, popped that in, still same thing =T not hearing any fuel prime, nor the click, is my relay not gettin power now?
                          Frost White CB7 Crew #28
                          RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

check the ECU/Main Relay ground behind the Theromostat. That is an easily overlooked item and will cause this no-fuel, no-start condition.
                            Seattle Silver crew #5
                            Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                            ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

if you changed out the ecu make sure it's tightened to the ground and not just plugged in cause the ecu itself is grounded and i had the same problem when i put my engine back in i took out the computer and just plugged it in... as soon as i bolted it down my car fired right up.. also check the ground on the driver side mount, thermstat housing, tranny... i can't remember anymore off the top of my head..

i hate electrical problems.
                              WTB:
                              88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                              OR
                              90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Working...
                              X