Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you remove the 3rd brake light on a 93 4 door??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you remove the 3rd brake light on a 93 4 door??

I have like 2 dead beetles in between my rear window and my 3rd brake light. how do you get that off? do u have to remove the whole rear deck with the speakers and all? thanks!
    1993 Honda Accord Sedan
    Automatic
    but it was $3000 with 38,000 miles so I couldnt pass it up!
    *MODS* so far.
    - Clear Corners
    - 3A Racing muffler *freebie* (sounds nice and deep)
    - AEM cai *freebie* chopped to ram air due to holes in the lower portion and fear of rain getting in.
    - YOKOHAMA Avid T4s
    -Blacked out emblems and grill
    - Pioneer deck
    - Pioneer and kenwoods speakers
    - Dual 300 watt amp ($60)
    - 12'' Optimus sub*freebie*

...there should be some bolts in the trunk holding it in...but idk

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Yeah, right when I got my car I did the same and cleaned the whole back window. If I remember correctly, you need to remove the entire rear dash b/c I believe the 3rd brake light is fixed to the rear dash. Take a long prybar and pry along the entire perimeter and pop the clips out and slide it out. That's what I did about a year ago. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I remember trying to remove the brake light only and couldn't

Dan

Comment

yeh u hafta becareful when removing the clips, and keep track of how u removed it because u will need to put it back.
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Read the Haynes Workshop Manual : Chapter 12 Page 12.

Comment

I thought this topic had been covered before. Remove speakers, remove back deck, remove light. Installation is reverse of disassembly.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Working...
            X