problems after checking a few things!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems after checking a few things!!

the h22 has never ran all that great, but i've just now had time to start going in and checking stuff...cylinders 1-3 plugs looked fine, but 4 was black...not oily like a bad ring, but sooty like bad mixture...swapped out injectors 2 & 4, but i still have the same problem...in an effort to calm my bad ring woes, i did a compression test...
    1-225
    2-225
    3-225
    4-225
    that's like perfect isn't it? regardless, i think i'm not gonna mess with anything else till i get my skunk2 cam gears and hondata installed...maybe my timing is off some...i also have a bouncy idle...idles very very very low when warm and bounces off...adjusted idle, but still goes way low...
    JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

First thing I would recommend is running some seafoam, run rite, through the system then replace the plug.
    From there on out you can eliminate bad valves and carbon build up.
    (Sorry about the grammer)
    Last edited by q45mm; 01-11-2006, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Clear your ECU too. Make sure your spark plug wires and the wire that goes to the injector are good. Did you buy new or used injectors?

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
        Clear your ECU too. Make sure your spark plug wires and the wire that goes to the injector are good. Did you buy new or used injectors?
        the injectors came w/ the swap..i dun think that's it, since i swapped two of em and had the same results before and after...i think my timing is bad...i need to get ahold of some cam gears and have the timing set properly...i've heard bad things about the sea foam stuff....where can you get it?
        JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
          I agree with wrichards2005, Seeing you swapped out the No2 & No4 Injectors you have more or less eliminated the Injector from the equation.
          To eliminate the Ignition Wire & Spark Plug swap them out too.
          or you could try a Node Tester and check each injector. Check the Duty Cycle fore each injector with a Multi meter.
          Make sure you don't have a vacuum leak on No 4 Intake. That cylinder could be flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by GEN46L
            Make sure you don't have a vacuum leak on No 4 Intake. That cylinder could be flooding.
            check that where? i'm not all saavy on stuff like this...
            JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Working...
            X