I Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Help!!

anyone know the reason why if i have the key in the "ON" position everything is dead, like none of the dash lights go on, and then when i turn it to the start position it "starts" but wen i let it go to return to the "ON" position it just dies. Anyone know what could be causing this??

hmm thats kinda strange that it starts after u dont have power at the ON position. does ur acc. position work? if u click the key once, can u listen to the radio? the only thing i can think of for this is that your ignition has gone out on u.

Comment

the "on" contact on the switch is bad/corroded.

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

would you happen to know if an ignition switch from a 5th gen accord would work??

Also is the ON position like a remote wire?? i know this may sound stupid but for example a car stereo amplifier, if the remote wire has no signal then the amp wont turn on, is that kinda the same i idea??

Comment

basically when ur key hits that position it turns on or "relays" the power from another source to that point. your ignition switch is bad, u can buy it for about 40-63 bucks at local stores.

maybe a 5th gen one will fit, but u got to see if the mounts fit right.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
          X