manual shifting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual shifting problems

No this isnt no how do I drive a manual thread. When I drive and shift to another gear I can change gears with out depressing the clutch in. No that didnt come out right....I can move the stick out of first and into second with out depressing the clutch but still have to depress the clucth to go into gear I know that is natural, but should I be able to pull it out of gear like that??????
    Working N/A build up in progress

Perfectly normal. It should be somewhat hard to pull the shifter out of gear if the tranny is under load, and very easy to pull it out if there is little to no load.

Comment

I dont think your suppose to be able to pull it out of gear like that. There is play in there but not enough to pull it out. Does second still engage when you pull it manually? Something sounds wore out in the tranny but i could be wrong.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it does that in all gears I was just wondering cause now I learned a new way to drive my cb7 and i shift faster.......dont ask me im backwards but yeah under high load hard to yank out under low load easy your right. Just wanted to see if i was crazy or not
        Working N/A build up in progress

Comment

Originally posted by halfazn
          it does that in all gears I was just wondering cause now I learned a new way to drive my cb7 and i shift faster.......dont ask me im backwards but yeah under high load hard to yank out under low load easy your right. Just wanted to see if i was crazy or not
          nope your not crazy

Comment

don't keep trying to pull it out of gear under load or else you will damage the synchronizers... it's okay if it gently comes out while coasting but if you have to pull hard on it, you're going to ruin them. just a word of advice.

Comment

clutch gone

your clutch is burned out

Comment

in every single manual transmission car ive driven you can pull the car into neutral without depressing the clutch. it is normal.

dont do it under load, thats bad for it.

and if you didnt know, at a certain RPM you can actually put it back into gear without depressing the clutch. its not good for the tranny but you can do it.

race cars like Winston (nextel ) cup and busch drivers only use their clutches when starting and stopping. during the race, shifting never involves the clutch

Comment

Working...
                X