gauge cluster is messing up HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gauge cluster is messing up HELP!!!

well i just installed my reverse glow gauges today and now my speedometer and tachomoter are going weird. They work but they jump in choppy movements and the tach will reach the correct RPM that im doing but when its time for the needle to fall it stops and falls all choppy and so does the speedometer. the cluster worked fine untill installed the new gauges. I did not remove the needles to install the gauges i just slipped them over the needles but the needles did move/spin up and down the gauges a little bit. is there anyway to like reset/calibrate the gauges or anything? please respond ASAP with any suggestions at all... thanks

Did you have the Instrument Cluster Out of the dash area?
    Recheck the Harness connector to the PSB on the back of the Instrument Panel is tight & fully home.

Comment

you either over-tightened the covers or they are too thick and are interfereing with the movement of the needles. you need to tear everything apart and make sure the needles don't scrape them. sorry man... : (

Comment

Go to the DIY, it will probably answer some of your questions. I hope you didn't take off the needles... anyway you can glue down the gauges to make sure that the needles don't hit.

Comment

Working...
        X