Resonator on stock pipe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resonator on stock pipe??

I have an N1 style muffler on my stock pipe..would a resonator help quiet it a lil??? just makin sure b4 i install a resonator if it dont help.. ill probaly just save the money fo a magna cat back.
    thnx

MY 1n2 CB7

resonator of the same size and a silencer

Comment

Originally posted by Accordlx
      I have an N1 style muffler on my stock pipe..would a resonator help quiet it a lil??? just makin sure b4 i install a resonator if it dont help.. ill probaly just save the money fo a magna cat back.
      thnx
      your stock piping has a resonator already.. you can always add a longer one to replace it and a silencer to quiet down the N1. but from what i know, the N1 style mufflers are generally loud to begin with.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i have 2.5" piping from the catback without a resonator and my silencer works pretty good.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

resonator just helps with the buzzing sound...my friend took off his on his talon and its not much louder...just sounds like a angry bee..until it gets warmed up, then it dosent buzz until high rpms. so i dont think the resonator would help much other then that annyoing buzzing ricer sound!

-Ramon

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

resonator is good for getting rid of that annoying buzz most civics have, but for now u should hold out for that magnaflow u mentioned.
            that would sound beasty

JDM STATUS BOYY
            ATO 4LIFE L.I.N.Y.

Comment

I am thinking of getting that Magna Flow exhaust system too. Do you know how it sounds?
              It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Greddy exhaust is cheap nowaday..any one have it on their cb..??does it sound loud at all or good??
                I might go w/ greddy instaed of Magna

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Working...
                X