ECU's Are not water proof ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in Pasadena and it was raining really bad, as most of you might have seen on your T.V. watching the Rose Parade.so i praked my car in the a street that got flooded really bad.The right side of my car was under water and my car is pretty low. So basicly my computer is now damaged " I Think" So when i went to check the codes, the check engine light did not blink, it stayed on, but the light on the D4 ( Drive ) right under the N (Neutral ) was blinking code # 14.Does anybody know what that means.
    Last edited by 626cb7; 01-03-2006, 01:07 AM.

1992 Accord EX version 1.0 before
    1992 Accord EX RHD version 2.0 after
    right hand drive conversion

TCM got wet. same thing happened to my car. we just baked the ecu and tcm and put em back. the ecu has been fine ever since but i have been through 3 tcm's since then.

Comment

electronics + water do not mix, i sealed my ecu with silicon sealant.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
      where you been, is something wrong?
      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 626cb7
        I live in Pasadena and it was raining really bad, as most of you might have seen on your T.V. watching the Rose Parade.so i praked my car in the a street that got flooded really bad.The right side of my car was under water and my car is pretty low. So basicly my computer is now damaged " I Think" So when i went to check the codes, the check engine light did not blink, it stayed on, but the light on the D4 ( Drive ) right under the N (Neutral ) was blinking code # 14.Does anybody know what that means.
        Sorry to hear about your car. You guys got the storms that we had here in northern ca.
        My neighbors 05 chevy cobalt got caught in the floods up here and now it is totaled, computer got water damage and water sucked in the intake.
        Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

Bastard of a way to find out hey!!

Remove the covers, spray it thoroughly with a CO Contact Cleaner or equivalent Spray. Leave it out in the sun to dry or use a Heat Gun on low.
          Refit the covers and seal them up with Silicone. If your not planning on taking it back out in awhile it would pay to seal up the Harness & Connector as well.
          or alternatively seal it up in a plastic bag.

In Australia we have a car called the VL Holden Commodore with a 3.0L Nissan Skyline R30B Engine.
          These wonderful pieces of art were proned to rusting out around the front windscreen.
          Well the ECU was situated in the LHF Kick Panel directly below where the rust holes were. When it rained the cars would stop as the ECU's would fill up with water.
          The Official Easy Fix from Genral Motors Holden Engineers at the time.(1986-88)
          "Wrap a Plastic Bag Around the ECU!!!"
          Who said Engineers are idiots???

Comment

Working...
          X