Oil where spark plugs are!!! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil where spark plugs are!!! HELP!!!

I got a '93 honda accord wagon, and when i was changing the spark plugs i noticed that their was oil stains in side where the spark plugs go? is that a bad sign?!?!

Yes it's bad, but it's a pretty easy fix. If you take your valve cover off and look in the spark plug holes you will see 4 rubber 0-rings. They are called spark plug tube seals. You can usually purchase these at an auto parts store in a valve cover gasket kit, which you'll probably want anyways. It's pretty self explanitory from there, just pop in the new tube seals, pull out the plugs to get the oil out of them (wouldn't be a bad idea to check your plugs at the same time as well) throw the plugs back in, torque everything, and your ready to go.

Also, don't be surprised if your car smokes for a minute while it burns off all the oil that dropped down in the cylinder.
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
      Yes it's bad, but it's a pretty easy fix. If you take your valve cover off and look in the spark plug holes you will see 4 rubber 0-rings. They are called spark plug tube seals. You can usually purchase these at an auto parts store in a valve cover gasket kit, which you'll probably want anyways. It's pretty self explanitory from there, just pop in the new tube seals, pull out the plugs to get the oil out of them (wouldn't be a bad idea to check your plugs at the same time as well) throw the plugs back in, torque everything, and your ready to go.

Also, don't be surprised if your car smokes for a minute while it burns off all the oil that dropped down in the cylinder.
      perfectly said josh

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
        perfectly said josh

Thanks, I've done quite a few of them if you can't tell.
        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...0&page=3&pp=15

Comment

Thx guys gonna try it first thing tomorrow!!

Comment

Working...
            X