New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Hey guys, im new here to cb7tuner but been on honda tech for a while now. Honda tech's accord forum just isnt fast enough for me as most people on there have civics and tegs. anyway i have a couple questions.

1. PCV valves (searched but PCV is too short to search for) Mine is leaking and needs to be replaced. Have you guys had any experience with the ones from autozone/advance ? im trying to save money, but if these arent any count ill get an OEM one from honda and save myself trouble in the long run.

2. i get a popping noise in my front left when i hit my brakes at slow speeds. it doesnt do it when i turn, just when i am braking at slow speeds. I cant think of what it can be besides CV's, but i would think it would do it when i turned.

TIA guys

welcome.

- i always recomend OEM, even though the PCV valve from the dealership is around $20

- possible CV joints, sway bar bushings, or ball joints. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

PCV valve.. Honda is nice, but for a PCV valve, its easy to replace, might as well just grab one from autozone. They are only a few bucks, and are just a throw away item anyways.

The clicking may be your sway bar endlinks. They connect the end of the sway bar to the suspension. They make a clicking sound when accelerating too, just once.

If not that, your brake caliper bracket or something could be loose, but i would say the sway bar is easy to check.

Comment

i do get one click sometimes when i accelerate.

how easy is it to replace one of those?

Comment

Welcome

Comment

not hard just ratchet..socket..and some muscle. go get some energy suspension bushings from autozone or advanced and put those on..good stuff and easy to do. thats what i got and i have no problems

Check Out My Car

Comment

well thanks for all the help, all ive ever owned were civics and im pretty ignorant when it comes to cars in the first place. i gotta learn more and more. been reading posts/manuals like crazy

while we are here i have another question, this isnt a big deal at all.

my cup holder, when i push it to open, instead of it popping out and sitting like its supposed to, the thing shoots out and hits my shifter. anyone had that happen?

honda tech's answer was "you have the shooting cup holder mod, m4d tyt3 JDM"

so they werent much help

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7sedan
                honda tech's answer was "you have the shooting cup holder mod, m4d tyt3 JDM"

so they werent much help
                Welcome aboard. Thanks for the laugh, too. You won't find that around here; we're a pretty good group and there's a ton of good info here that you will find nowhere else.
                Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

there is a little coil of metal at the back that allows it to move in and out..that could somehow have broken or come off of the holder..i had a small problem with that and learned from it..look in the back when it is out with a flashlight and see if anything looks wrong

Check Out My Car

Comment

well the coil seems fine, its nice and springy, just that the cup holder doesnt stop, like mabey there is a piece that is broken or not catching correctly

Comment

Working...
                    X