Window's are slowing down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window's are slowing down!

My front two windows on my 1990 4d lx are getting harder and harder to be put down. They are electric and seem to be pulling against something, sometimes they will be shutter and bounce up and down when i am trying to lower it. Is it just the motor giving up after 15 years or is it something else. Thanks for any help
    Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

I would like to know also, my windows still work..but are slowing down a little and are off track when they go up.

Comment

are you doing that when it rains? cuz it fucks with it if you are. its fine when its dry. Yeah it bounces and shit right? mine stops sometimes. I pull it towards the front windshield as it goes down..... and it goes down fine.

I am no longer using this forum name.
      You can find me as
      jdm_inspired...
      I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

spray silicon lube in the run channels. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

my left rear window was like that until one day I put it down and then it won't go up so I popped the panel and unplugged all the wirings and took out the motor that pulls the windows up and down and the metal string has been tangled, so now I have to find the same metal string and replace the old tangled one there, it might be that the string is tangled in your power windows and it needs to be replaced. I just placed something like a wedge to keep the window shut until I find the replacement string. Hope that helps.

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

my windows were doing the same thing. dont be suprised if the motors go out thats what happend to mine but they are an easy fix.

Comment

yea just get some silicone and make sure to get a lot of it in the tracks so you dont have to spray it in there everytime i used prestone silicone spray

Comment

I also recommend keeping the glass clean on the outside to keep the run channel clean. Being dirty increases the friction which can also slow the window movement.
                '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

personally I had this same problem. Evenutally my window wouldn't move so I had gotten the rubber channel thw window uses for a track replaced and it works fine now. You could possibly just have the stupid rubber shit getting in the way as well. Or quite possibly the electric motor that runs the window is burning out.

Go Honda! Go 4th Gens!

Comment

mine did that too, went to honda dealership they gave me some silicone spray and it fixed the problem, gave it to me for free to

Comment

where do i spray, do i havd to take the panel off? eh...help lol
                      92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
                      and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

Originally posted by Neriah06
                        where do i spray, do i havd to take the panel off? eh...help lol
                        you don't have to remove the panel. just spray where the window goes up and down in the goove. just trace the shape of the window when its up. the rubber it slides against. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

the bouncing and "catching" could be cause my the regulator..always a possibility.. more than likely the motor isnt going or it wouldnt move much. i just replaced the rubber run channels on mine and they all move faster..but at 75 bucks a piece, could get a litle pricey!

Check Out My Car

Comment

I got the same problem...one of my rear and driver side front doesnt go all the way down...

I took apart the doors and noticed it was the chain pulley, aka the regulator and motor...the line wouldn't budge past a certain amount...so, if any you guys parting out please PM me...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                            1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

start a thread int he WTB section if ur looking for parts

Check Out My Car

Comment

Working...
                              X