Brake lights dont brighten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lights dont brighten

ok so this is whats going on... my brake lights work but when I step on the brakes, they dont brighten. Whats the problem here? I checked all the fuses, connections, even the switch fuse thing near the brake pedal. I even tried replacing that... and NOTHING. I also noticed my trunk light doesnt work. ALL bulbs are good. Any help??? Please? This crap is annoying me because im concerned someone will bapp me from behind. Especially at night. Im lookin for a DIY then if not possible pay honda money they dont need lol.

I am no longer using this forum name.
    You can find me as
    jdm_inspired...
    I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

by any chance did you switch out any of the Taillight harness's ever?
    ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

might be tail light sensor or check the plug for corotion in the inside of each plug and the cennetors check them for moiser or corrotion

my trunk light doesnt work ether but all my brake lights work in alldata they have a problem with the trunk lights moisture getting in side and also them burning up and catching on fire i put a new bulbs in there and i have to fiddle with it to work and also check the thrid brake lights connector switch those come looselike they dot want to snap in

(\__/)
      (O.o )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

I have the same problem...as u probably read...

If you checked the fuses and bulbs...then the contact points are messed up...corrosion from 13+ years...

try sanding the contact point down if it has crust buildup...

Good luck!

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by Final 204
          by any chance did you switch out any of the Taillight harness's ever?
          Yes... does that matter??? But it worked fine for a long time. Hmmm..... possible moisture.... it ISSSSSS gutted and i see wet shit on the spot where the seats used to be. So if theres corrosion sand it?

You can find me as
          jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hpaccord91
            might be tail light sensor or check the plug for corotion in the inside of each plug and the cennetors check them for moiser or corrotion

my trunk light doesnt work ether but all my brake lights work in alldata they have a problem with the trunk lights moisture getting in side and also them burning up and catching on fire i put a new bulbs in there and i have to fiddle with it to work and also check the thrid brake lights connector switch those come looselike they dot want to snap in
            wheres the tail light sensor? haha i hate electrical shit..... DONT YOU? lol

You can find me as
            jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

check to see if the relay attached to your lights themselves(little brown box on the back side of your lights) is wet. mine got wet and shorted out. i was goning crazy trying to figure out what the hell the problem was. check that if they are shorted they are cheap at the junk yard and real easy to fix. gl

Comment

Originally posted by aarbug1
                check to see if the relay attached to your lights themselves(little brown box on the back side of your lights) is wet. mine got wet and shorted out. i was goning crazy trying to figure out what the hell the problem was. check that if they are shorted they are cheap at the junk yard and real easy to fix. gl
                cool well i ckecked those out they look fine but if they DID get wet it prolly dried out by now. It is possible since i gutted the trunk out. Haha i however do have extras of those brown box thingys in my 90-91 tails. Thanks MAHN! Ill give it a shot.

You can find me as
                jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
                  I have the same problem...as u probably read...

If you checked the fuses and bulbs...then the contact points are messed up...corrosion from 13+ years...

try sanding the contact point down if it has crust buildup...

Good luck!
                  yeah i checked the connects. All seemed fine. Must be that box thinger that aa is talkin bout. Good shot for tryin to help. Greatly appreciated.

You can find me as
                  jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aarbug1
                    ok i tried that.... doesnt work. Damn what could it possibly be? My brake alert light on my dash doesnt even come on.

You can find me as
                    jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X