Which Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Radiator

My radiator has a hole so I'm after a new/2nd hand one. I have a cb3 with a jdm h22a. Just wondering what radiators I can choose from? If so which would be the first choice. A Prelude one? Or a cb Accord. Would a cd accord rad be at all suitable? thanks
    Members Ride Thread

Koyo makes an aluminum radiator for our CB chassis application so I would check them out. I think if you search there is also a thread on radiators.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I have a Koyo 53mm and its dope as hell. Ive never had a problem with overheating since ive got it either. It kinda sucks in the winter though, takes forever to heat up and cools down quick as hell. I would recomend it. Be careful intstalling it though, especally if you kept your A/C. THe back of the bolts that hold the condensor in place can easly tear a hole in the bars of the radiator. Easy fix though, just grind down the back of the bolts with a Dremel or something similar. Plus, it looks dope too!

Comment

just buy a koyo oem replacement.. you can find em for about 100 shipped on ebay..

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Problem is I'm in Australia and I need it asap. We don't have the range that you guys do. I think my quickest way would be to get something from a wreckers. I just need to get moving again. So will a cb one be fine? Or a prelude one.
          Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
            Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Problem is I'm in Australia and I need it asap. We don't have the range that you guys do. I think my quickest way would be to get something from a wreckers. I just need to get moving again. So will a cb one be fine? Or a prelude one.
            The Accord automatic radiators are as thick as a Prelude one. The only Prelude ones that will work are teh ones that came from the H23 ludes.

Comment

I would stay away from plastic tank Radiators...
              But for the money, Koyo (JDM) replacement is good.
              It's a copper/brass with a plastic tank...

If you went all out for the h22 swap, you might as well go all out and buy a full metal tank...conducts heat better and dissipates less.
              I think they are called Koyo race radiators.
              (SHt...someone beat me to it!!!
              *Remember, the radiator cap may be different when getting aftermarket radiator.

Check ebay...good deals, i got mine for $100 or so shipped, Koyo copper/brass w. plastic tank.

If you cant wait...go to Napa and pretend you're a parts runner...get a Modine metal radiator...i think around $120 or so...

good luck..replace asap if leaking...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
              1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Oh, and a parting word, if you drive your car in extream heat, the plastic will give up eventually. Old plastic=hard plastic. Hard plastic cracks under pressure eaiser, which the H22 does generate. If you can get a cheap replacement in the junk yard to tide you over, go for it. Looking for the long run though, get an all metal one eventually.

Oh, your not running the auto still, are you?

Comment

Nope it is a manual now. Thanks so much for all the suggestions guys. In the end I managed to get a oem replacement one made by a brand called cryomax. Was a reasonable price and was in stock. Will definitely keep everything you've said in mind. Possibly upgrade at a later date. It is so hard to get good aftermarket parts like this in oz. So I'd probably have to order from the USA.

Just on a parting note. The reason it was leaking was because the moron I bought the car off couldn't be bothered attaching the thermo fans with a proper shroud so he decided to just put bolts through the fins of the radiator.
                  Members Ride Thread

Comment

No problem maing!

Comment

yea i just installed the Koyo 53mm all aluminum racing radiator and it is the freaking bomb. it is sick. i put about 2x as much coolant in as stock. installation was a bitch though. ugh.......but def worth it.....my fans are not working at the moment but i don't need to worry bout overheating, i also got the Samco coolant hose kit the $260 price tag is well worth it IMO.
                      My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                      X