Question About Idle ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Idle ???

Well My Question is , after installing a Short Ram Intake and a Header , HI Flow Cat , Mid Pipe , Rear Section , And all of the exhaust is 2.25 or 2.5 " is it Normal for the car to go from IDLE @ 750/800 Rpm to Idle @ 1000 Rpm , Still Smooth Idle but never the less it is now @ 1000 RPM and thats after letting car run and taking for a ride to make sure it is all warm and everything , for some reason the idle just changed , im thinkin it is probably normal cause now with installing the alluminum flywheel a month ago and now making the motor breath better thats equals more ( RPM ) Revolutions Per Minute Simply Cause the motor can breath mpre freely BUT I always want to make sure soo any idea's or facts about this i would greatly appreciate ,,
    thanks in advance , Cause someone always helps me on here
    l8ter
    -Sean- Noxidea
    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Not one person ...Responded WOW

People Must Be Sleeping Already , Winter makes wimps out of everyone ....
    LMAO

Comment

Yeah dude, you should be fine, just less restriction. If you want to turn it down to 800 to save on gas, just adjust the idle screw.

Comment

thanks

Was thinkin about the idle screw but I Also dont want to have it starve for fuel cause there is so much air coming in and out now , i mean when i start the car now and it is cold out , while its tryin to warm up u can really hear how well she flows its insane almost like a smooth air sound "wooosh"
        but yeah thanks again
        -Sean- Noxidea

Comment

Did you install it all at the same time?? If so what kind of gains did you get?

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by wrichards2005
            Did you install it all at the same time?? If so what kind of gains did you get?
            Yeah i installed the whole exhaust all at once its all the parts in my sales section in my sig , i got alot of tourque it seems but its hard for me to tell because my exhaust broke right after the CAT and then again @ the Mid pipe so it was like that and parked for 3 weeks so it was very hard for me to notice the difference cause i hadent driven the car for a month almost , you know what i mean , the one thing ive noticed is it runs actually smoother , even with the roaring deep sound it is just noticably that the motor seems to have let loose ,,,, actually let me put it into perspective ,, before i did exhaust it seems like the motor was holding a shit ,,,
            ever have to shit and not be near a bathroom and you have to pinch the cheeks , well my car was that before and you cant run full stride if ur holding a shit , well now the car seems to have cleared the path and dropped that shit and can run full stride , like full rpm gains smoothly and what not , I Know this is a crazy explaination but it is only way i can describe how it feels now its just FREE to move it seems thats all and it sounds soo nice with Silencer out but i put it in cause its a bit too loud without it for my Taste ,,,

thanks man Hope this helps
            -Sean- Noxidea

ha ha ha ha

Comment

Well, it doesn't help, but it's useful information. I'm getting my exhaust this week sometime. I'm not gonna put on a straight thru cat though, just for fear of failing emissions. I'm not getting headers for the F22 anyway, because I'm eventually getting a H22, with 5 spd swap. Do you have any clips of your exhaust yet?

Comment

Originally posted by noxidea
                before i did exhaust it seems like the motor was holding a shit ,,,ever have to shit and not be near a bathroom and you have to pinch the cheeks , well my car was that before and you cant run full stride if ur holding a shit , well now the car seems to have cleared the path and dropped that shit and can run full stride
                LMAO
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Nice explination dude

I don't know if this is still an issue for you at all, but with a completely new exhaust you should reset you ECU so it can relearn the intake and fuel information (disconnect '-' battery cable ~5mins).

When I installed my short RAM, headers and exhaust, it idled really strangely, and after resetting it it was much better. Then you will want to take it out for a drive, and you will feel it adjusting the fuel/air ratio as you drive it. I still had to adjust the idle screw anyway to get it perfect.

But yeah, it really does feel like it just took a shit and can run freely... lol!

Hope that helps and Merry Christmas!
                  1992 Honda Accord EX 4 Door Sedan. Granny Eddition :-).

Comment

He He He

Originally posted by Jacob_Neal12
                    Nice explination dude

I don't know if this is still an issue for you at all, but with a completely new exhaust you should reset you ECU so it can relearn the intake and fuel information (disconnect '-' battery cable ~5mins).

When I installed my short RAM, headers and exhaust, it idled really strangely, and after resetting it it was much better. Then you will want to take it out for a drive, and you will feel it adjusting the fuel/air ratio as you drive it. I still had to adjust the idle screw anyway to get it perfect.

But yeah, it really does feel like it just took a shit and can run freely... lol!

Hope that helps and Merry Christmas!

That was the only way I could explain it so people would fully understand and you know I Thought the ECU might need to re learn the car but once it was installed I Totally Forgot , esspecially because i had to move the 02 Sensor a bit higher , thanks man I Will Try This Tomorrow Before We Take My Car to relitives in Mass, Merry Christmas to You and everyone else ,
                    -Sean- Noxidea

Comment

Working...
                    X