Low idle on cold start, fine when warm, not erratic... adjusted iac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low idle on cold start, fine when warm, not erratic... adjusted iac

well ive read many of these weird idle threads and i cant figure out what my problem is.

when its cold, it idles at 8-900, when its warm itll usually idle ok... anywhere around 750-900. it doesnt jump up and down like i have an exhaust leak or like it was last time when my fiv was messed up.

i cleaned out the iac a couple days ago and that didnt change anything. what else is there? is there something i missed while searching?

btw, eventhough it idles fine when warm, its still not how it should be. to get it to idle that high i have the screw turned all the way out. so there is definetly something wrong. and any time other than idle, the car drives fine. no hesitation or anything.

check the seal around the plastic screw, when i swaped internals for my h23 i noticed the h23's was hard as a rock and so i replaced it with my brand new accord one....Check coolant level as well toyotas had a problem like this and it was due to coolant levels, also might be thermostat stuck open, but check that seal in the FIV or just replace the FIV in general..
    Last edited by ehulst; 12-16-2005, 09:30 PM.
    93 Accord- SOLD
    94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

Working...
    X