Acronyms 101 ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acronyms 101 ?!?

hey im not scared to say...i dont know a lot of acronyms you guys are talking about..im a computer guy..not a car guy..but i do love to work on the mauve 93 EX ! and race occasionally my tech knowledge is as follows
    -installed CAI
    -STage 1 wieght reduction
    -painted brake calipers
    -change brake pads
    -reg oil changes
    -ICE
    ok some acrononyms i have seen

EGR --i know it has something to do with recurculating exhaust back into the engine

IAC --??

FPR-fuel pressure regulator? im guessing regulates fuel pressure

CEL: i know this is the check engine light.

can you guys think of anymore acronyms you use..sometimes im reading the post and im like p plz enlighten me..and anyone else who doesnt know some of these acro'z. im gonna try to dig up some more from my chiltons manual and add to the list maybe make it a sticky if i can ..and use it as an online reference for the newbs such as myself.

IAC- Idle Air Control
    IAT- Intake Air Temp
    EGR- Exhaust Gas Recurculation
    PCV- Positive Crankcase Ventilation

thats all i can think of now

Originally posted by Dr.x
    You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Searching 101

93EXaesthetic ... you forgot one you already had: ICE = In-Car Entertainment

OK, this is easy, but let's get it out of the way: ABS (sometimes ALB) = Anti-Lock Braking System

ECU = Electronic Control Unit (the car's primary computer or "main brain")
      TCU = Transmission Control Unit (an auto tranny's computer)

What should also be mentioned here, is that despite the heavy use of three-letter acronyms, cb7tuner.com isn't set up to allow three-character searches. Maybe even four-character searches now as well, I don't remember. Hopefully with more site sponsorship this situation will improve one day. (Sponsorship = $$ = servers/bandwidth)

Something to think about when relying on acronyms when typing out a post, and then wondering why "no one searches."
      Last edited by deckeda; 12-16-2005, 08:58 PM.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

www.AutoGlossary.com

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
          good stuff!.

Comment

Working...
          X