Window problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window problem

I just got a 1992 Honda Accord LX 2Dr Auto. I know somewhere if I searched, the answer to my problems are hidden within the forum but I need answers and advise QUICK. Its starting to snow up here.

Problem- Both windows were down when a wire harness fried and now I can't put up my windows. I was reading around and I came across something about unbolting the motor and it should free up the glass. Is this correct? I just want it to be up until I can get a new harness.

Also if anyone has this part , I can sure use it. Please get a hold of me if you do. I was told it has to come off a 2door automatic. Once again it's the harness the goes to your headlight switch (turn signal lever). Since that fried, heres what it tool out: Headlights, tail lights (brake lights ok), window motors, gauge cluster, clock, and parking gear release so i have to put the car in N before starting the car cause I can't take it out of park. Thanks
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-13-2005, 05:09 PM.
    I got a breaker bar the size of Hong Kong...

tape it up and wait until this cold season shit blows over or park in in someones garage to fix it its hel trying to work out ther eint he cold to a point where your fringers freeze up so much that you can harldy move em.

Comment

my friend used one of these to roll up the window on his eclipse. eventhough it is a 9v, it still had barley enough power to get the window up. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Which wires do I hook the battery up to? Sorry if I sound like a newb but can someone explain this process?
        I got a breaker bar the size of Hong Kong...

Comment

check this

once i had a problem similar to that (windows, lights, cluster, etc..) and what i came to find out was that it was one regular fuse. I forgot which specific fuse it was but something stupid, cause when i changed it and everything worked, i was like wtf does that have to do with everything. My suggestion is to check all the fuses (mine was in the inside fuse box), check all of them, and if anyone is blown replace and see what happens.

Comment

If you're comfortable taking the interior door panels off, you can use either a 9V or 12V battery directly on the motor to drive the windows up. Just disconnect the motor leads from whatever they plug into (it's been a while since I've been in my door) and bridge the battery across them. If the window starts going down, just reverse the battery. I'm not sure if a 9V would have the juice necessary, but it's cheap and worth a shot.
            I swear, eventually I'll run out of things to break.

I guess I was wrong... I broke it all. Died 10/29/06

Comment

Working...
            X