Prelude altenator max amperage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prelude altenator max amperage...

Dose an Prelude alt. have more amperage than an Accord one? Im drawing 80 amp with just my system and need something bigger.

I think they're the same. You're gonna have to get a hi-amp aftermarket one IMHO.

Comment

Please make the subjects for your threads more descriptive.

Your not drawing 80 amps, you might have 80 amps worth of fuses in there but you aren't drawing that much. Your altenator you be so hard to turn you drop 20hp and the altenator would more then likely smoke under an 80 amp load.

There is no O.E. larger amperage altenator you can use so you'll have to by something aftermarket but there's allot more for you to upgrade then just the altenator.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

My car died at red lights and my rpms drop all over the place. And Im drawing almost 80 amps with all the electonics I ment to say.

Comment

check ur battery first. i mean shit if ur running a HUGE compressor that would cause it...but if its just that the battery cant hold a carge thats your problem...plus its an interstate battery.

first get ur charging system diagnosed. then you will find how much load your alternator can take. alot of battery shops have this device. they put ALOT of load on mine and my alternator compensated for it.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
          X