Engine bay/hood insulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine bay/hood insulator?

As I was purusing the clean pics of UK-Accord's ride in the member pics forum I noted the shot of the engine bay with something I have never seen before. The car has an insulator board I guess for sound deadening. I never saw one on a Honda before. I'm used to seeing this on GMs and the like.

Outside of cost-saving, was there any other reason(s) why this wasn't on USDM cars? Was this JDM and/or EDM only? Looks like this would fit all CB7s as the plugs would fit in the same holes, and the same cut-outs are there for the warning stickers. Outside of removing the washer nozzles I guess it just goes right on? Anyone know more?

Its on the 2nd pic of UK-Accord's current car we all seem to like:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=16688&page=2
    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Yah..
    I would like to know more about hood insulator too..

1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Anyone have any thoughts, opinions, advice, info on this? I'm still interested.

Comment

there seems to be alot of things that are different. look at the distributor. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

its probably just canadian, maybe to help keep the engine warm in the cold.

i saw an aftermarket one that is shinny and reflective foil which does the same thing but looks pretty cool.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

you mean that gray shit? its on our 98 accord, its just insulation, stock - i dunno if its regional, but that doesn't make so much sense - and im not EXACLTY sure why its there, if, at the very least, to keep the composite hood material from discoloring due to the constant heat changed of the engine ... i've seen it on a LOT of cars, tho

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

F the insulator, lets see those steam on the hood when it rains and snow, F the insulator lets hear that engine sing.

Comment

Well I thought those were to also keep the engine noise down, but I was more curious as to the availability. Outside of UK-Accord car I have never seen a 4th gen with it. Is that JDM or EDM only? Sure seems that way.

Comment

I dont know if its JDM but its definitely EDM we have it on every CB over here

Comment

Dynamat makes a lining for the hood. It quiets the engine down alot I hear. Why would you want to do that tho for ours cars? These aren't BMW's that are insulated everywhere.

Comment

I thought they were to keep heat away from the hood? Ever see hoods with paint missing? I was told that excessive heat will cause the paint to fade prematurely.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                        there seems to be alot of things that are different. look at the distributor. later.
                        Also, my Cruise control cable doesn't swoop down in front like that, and my throttle cable doesn't curve like that and attach to the valve cover.

UK - Accord you freeeek!

And hey, I wouldn't be averse to a bit more sound deadener in my car. UK - Accord, do I even want to ask?
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
                          Also, my Cruise control cable doesn't swoop down in front like that, and my throttle cable doesn't curve like that and attach to the valve cover.

UK - Accord you freeeek!

And hey, I wouldn't be averse to a bit more sound deadener in my car. UK - Accord, do I even want to ask?

The cruise control and throttle are on the opposite saide cause its right side drive.... i'm damn jealous cause i want a damn right side drive car, esp. a CB.... that would be SICK!!!!

Comment

Honda OEM part number?
                            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Working...
                            X