blower fan problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blower fan problem

My sister has a 93 EX and the blower fan won't turn on. I know that the switch is working (the AC light comes on and the condensor fan comes on when I switch it on) and I checked both fuses. Looking at the wiring diagram in my Chilton book, it should be either the blower fan relay or the blower motor itself. I want to replace the relay first since it should be easier, but I don't know where it is in the car. Can anyone help me out here? I saw a block of 5 or so relays up under the dash on the driver's side, but I don't know if it is one of those, and if so, which one it is. Can anyone post a pic with the blower fan relay circled or highlighted in some way? I would really appreciate the help! Oh, and by the way, I did search and it didn't come up with any helpful results.

Thanks guys (and ladies)!
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

My blower motor has failed in both CBs that I have owned. Each time I simply replaced the blower box behind the glove compartment with a blower box from a salvage yard, and it has worked perfectly.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Yeah, I know that it might be the blower motor, but that would take a while to swap out, and I could probably swap out the relay in a few minutes and rule it out as the cause before I go and replace the blower motor. Does anyone know where the blower motor relay is?

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Bump for some help here.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
          Bump for some help here.
          I'm not too sure. Check your shop manual, it should give you an idea as to where it is. But I will still bet you that the blower motor just took a crap. If you want to test the electrical system, just get a volt meter and check to see if power is going to the blower. That will rule out the relay and any other electrical problem. My blower motor went out two years ago, so it is a common thing with CB7's

Comment

Working...
          X