Windshield wiper switch question . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield wiper switch question . . .

I was just wondering, will a 89 accord lxi windshield wiper switch fit into a 90 accord lx?? My 90 accord windshield wipers don't work and I think its due to the switch. I have a junk 89 lxi sitting outside and they seem to be similar in size (I haven't taken it out yet to see if it fits). I was just wondering if it would work even though they are diff. generations? Just trying to save some work if it doesn't fit cuz its cold as f*** outside right now.

Some help would be great!

-Doug
    R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

my guess is no. the wiring harnesses differ. 90-97 yes. just go on ebay. they always have them on sale.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Almost guarantee you that the switch contacts are burned. I know it's cold out, but taking the old sw out and taking it inside and fixing it then taking it out and re-installing it is the same time in the cold as taking the old one out and putting in a different one....

I used a file to get down to good metal, then polished it with a polishing tip on my Dremel tool, then added contact cleaner/lubricant to keep the contacts good.

If you plan on keeping it for a long time you might want to add an automotive relay under the dash so if it goes bad again you can replace the relay for a couple dollars instead of this headache every couple years..

Comment

Thanks logic for the info. I'll try that out then.
        R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

you should take a look at my electrical problem thread thats when my shit went bad and i changed that box and everythign went back to normal.

Comment

hey H22sparkle, I looked at your thread and I just wanna know, where is that box actually located under the dash?? And how much does that box cost? You have any more pics on that? (those pics looked kinda blurry.)

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X