superman crank pulley removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

superman crank pulley removal

damn...how do i get my crank pulley off?..i used 180 psi on an impact gun..and had the a bar to hold the pulley in place..actually some dudes at a local car shop did it for me...they said it was one of the hardest bolts they have ever encountered...
    i was thinking i should have soaked the bolt with wd-40...before hand..any other suggestions?

soaking is the smartest way to go.

use the gun and instead of pushing the trigger, repeativly hammer the trigger in quick short intervals. usually the first push is the most strongest.

u can have the most powerfull gun but if your compressor cant push it then its nothing.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

WD-40 isn't a very good penetrating lube which is what would have been helpful for that bolt. Even something like brake fluid makes a better penetrating lube than WD-40.

Comment

PB blaster can't hurt...as hitting the nut with a propane torch before hand. (Assuming you're not around anything super flammable, of course)

Comment

go rent the tool from honda..

Comment

just get "penetrating lube" works for me
            92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
            and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

easiet way is to torch the bolt for about 15-20 seconds.....make sure u go all around the bolt...and walla bolt off!!!
              My members ride thread

Comment

get a bigger gun. 180psi is more then enough air btw.

Comment

Originally posted by irishone
                  get a bigger gun. 180psi is more then enough air btw.
                  u would be surprised. lol i tried almost everything....i even took it to a shop nearby to loosen the bolt for me and they had trouble. they used breaker bars, impact guns, brute force, NOTHING....then they brought out the torch, heated it up red hot then used impact gun and it came of.....it was rusted to shit when i saw it. they got rust off and put antiseize compound on i hate them crank bolts lol
                  My members ride thread

Comment

1. Go to the weight room
                    2. Lift weights until you have biceps as big as Mark McGuire. (Use 'roids if necessary)
                    3. Then impress your friends by using a breaker bar and breaking off the crank bolt with one hand. lol
                    Seriously, I would use the torch. It's faster IMO

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                      go rent the tool from honda..
                      i second this! it is much easier to do with this "special" tool. i broke it loose with only a breaker bar.
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                      X