ebrake barly works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrake barly works

ever since i bought my cb9 the e-brake barly worked and i never thought to post about it to see wat it involves to fix it/(tighten it?)...it seems to be a common problem with anycar....i did search, i cant find anything with e brake even in the title name so im sory if it was coverd, a link would be fine too

Old Ride-New Ride

pull off the rear drums (if they have it i dont know if cb9's came with drums or discs) and you'll see the adjuster right there

Comment

discs

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

maybe trying adjusting the cable?

Comment

you have to pull the center console (the one covering the e-brake handle) and you will see a cable with a nut attached at the end of it and then of the nut two more cables go back to the brakes.Just tighten the nuts.

The cable thing looks kinda like this: --------I========

"I" is the nut just tighten it,you'll see the two cables pulling.

ILBB
          People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
          The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Pull the console and make sure when u pull it up both cables are pulling at the same rate.... if they arent that means one of the arms on the caliper are stuck/ possible frozen caliper as well....

Comment

Working...
            X