Help me finish my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me finish my car.

Ok guys, so the f22b is in.I'm happy the engine runs and all, but there are a few kinks i need to work out.

Problem # 1:

Idle is funny,as soon as i start it up,it will idle to 2000 for 5 secs, and the drop to 1400 and keep bouncing from that to 1700 for about two minutes.
    I think its the TPS but i'm not sure.

Problem # 2:

As it was idling at 1400-1700,i gave it gas and the revs dropped WTF?it happened for about 5-6 light revs.What could this be?I'm linking this to the TPS too...Also when i give it gas it doesnt respond fast.Like the the throttle cable is made out of gumbands or something.

Problem #3:

It smokes lke crazy when it warms up.This worries me the most.Waht could it be?The smoke looks white maybe blue on the sun light...If one cylinder wasnt sparking, would it idle smooth but smoke?

F22B, new dizzy(still not set perfect),chipped p06 ecu.

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

for one it sounds like the tps but now that you side it smoks crazy hmmm more info try yo replace the tps and then post an update

Comment

Originally posted by starkrice
      for one it sounds like the tps but now that you side it smoks crazy hmmm more info try yo replace the tps and then post an update

Thanks for the info.

I will buy a DMM and try to set the TPS to factory specs.

I dont know why it smokes.It really worries me,but for some reason i think one cylinder might not be firing

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Bump?

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

cheack the sparkpluges how are they or look

Comment

cheack the sparkpluges how are they or look
            They are new but i put them on and took them off about 20 times when i wasent getting any fuel in 2 cylinder, but thats fixed now.Could taking them out so many times affect them?

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

naa if you whant ot perform a test let the motor warm up and get some water and porr some on the headers one by one and youll see what cylinder is woking properly

Comment

naa if you whant ot perform a test let the motor warm up and get some water and porr some on the headers one by one and youll see what cylinder is woking properly
                Good idea but i just did somthing else.

I took my igntion light gun and put the magnetic thingy on each of the spark plug wires and noticed that on cyl.#2 the light would stop blinking for like half a second and then start again.Also thats when the car would sound like the idle was dropping.I think its either that or maybe a bad dizzy?The dizzy is brand spankin' new though...I'm going to buy some new spark plugs tommorow.The wires are new too...

ILBB

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

hummm thats werdd do you have new cap and roter try that

Comment

hummm thats werdd do you have new cap and roter try that

Yup new dizzy, cap, rotor.

Dunno man, thanx for the help though.

I'l figure it out

ILBB

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

bump?

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Working...
                      X