speedo stopped working + cel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedo stopped working + cel

drivin my moms 91 accord to work today cause i blew a tire on my 94 anyway, the speedo stopped working and then 10 miles later started working again and the CEL came on.

Later i went to lunch, doesnt work, and cel came on after a little bit

wondering what would cause this, i pulled up the carpet to check the codes but theres no light like the civics have ... my friend says its prob the speed sensor.

Anyways, help!
    Last edited by Melt; 02-13-2004, 06:35 PM.

yeah, it is the VSS(Vehicle Speed Sensor). It will keep on working, and not working randomly, and throw codes some times but not others. I saw new VSS's on ebay or somewhere for about 50-100. I ended up paying 110 to get mine changed @ a shop while I was gone. It isnt hard to DIY, just gotta have small hands, and long arms. If you look from the passenger side, straight down.. from about halfway between the firewall and distributor cap, there should be a triangle shaped plate w/2 small screws holding it onto the transmission. Thats what it is.

Comment

thanks man now i just gotta think .... should i tell my mom it broke or wait till she notices.

Comment

I went for a year and a half without my speedo working, cuz mine did that. But finally coughed up the money to fix it.

Comment

oh well its less miles on the car cause the odo dont work either!

anyways, i told em and now its up to my dad to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melt
            oh well its less miles on the car cause the odo dont work either!

anyways, i told em and now its up to my dad to fix it.
            Yeah, Mine reads 194k, but its actually around 240k or 250k.

Comment

heres some pics i took

finally got teh pics.

this is odd

damn started workin again

parking lot at work

heading to carolina to meet temp ... now the speedo dont work and teh cel on

looks nice from the front with the new paint job

but someone hit it already (bumper)

Comment

yeup vss....haha funnie.

ur milage wont increase see! hahahah
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X