help: can't get the hardline undone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help: can't get the hardline undone...

blah.... so after replacing the slave cylinder adn still not getting enough pressure to disengage the clutch... wagalude let me get his other clutch master cyldiner... the only problem is i can't get the hardline out of the old one... i've tried everything but i can't break it loose... is there some trick to it or something? i took the bolts out the clutch from the pedal so i could get to it... at first i left the bolts in but i couldn't get down to it very well... so i tried pulling it up... i can't pull it out completly cuz there just isn't enough room... if i had a little bit more room i would pull it out and spin the m.c. around to undo it... help ya'll... this is the only thing holding me back from driving it again (been three months... gave up on the bitch twice already... and its' always for sale )

SOLD!

yes. The hardline to the clutch master cylinder requires a special tool, if you want to be smart about it. The nut on the line is called a flare nut, and to remove it you need a 10mm or 12mm flarenut wrench. It looks just like a regular openend wrench but it goes around the nut more, plus it's MUCH thicker. This will allow you to get enough torque on it. Mine was torqued down about 40 ft/lbs. I'm a pretty weak guy, but I could do it. Get the tool, it's cheap and it saves you from fucking up the line like i did
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Working...
    X