Problems with LED bulbs..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with LED bulbs..

Well last week I installed all LED bulbs in my tail lights. Now in my gauge cluster the BRAKE light is constantly on. Todd said it's because they are set up diffrent and i need to buy resistors. Is there anyway i can distable that light etc without taking the dash out? or something

It's just annoying becuase it says (brake lamp) or whatever

Someone help!

led bulbs= AWESOME

You need a resistor kit.

www.superbrightleds.com should have that.

Or you could take apart your cluster and remove that bulb for the brake light.

Comment

I have LEDS too and I've just gotten used to the little dash light. Not worth me actually fixing the problem.
      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
        I have LEDS too and I've just gotten used to the little dash light. Not worth me actually fixing the problem.

i see.

so theres no way to bypass this? becides paying for something or taking cluster apart for that light

Comment

Well, I'll look into using resistors to solve the problem. Maybe that will work. I haven't found much about what triggers that light. I suppose the circuit can tell if one uses LEDs, cause none of my bulbs are burned out.

Side note: I just finished painting the spoiler I got from you. Hopefully it goes on Sunday.
          Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
          -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
          MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

wayne the reason this is happening is becuase led's use so much less power than a regular bulb....so the car thinks theres no bulb in the socket. a resistor is under $5 a radio shack. but the cars not recognizing anything becuase they take very minimal power to light up.......there much brighter but take less power. thats why that lights on.the car thinks theres nothing in the socket.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
              a resistor is under $5 a radio shack.
              it needs to be a high wattage resistor, usually ceramic. dont attempt a 1/4 or even a 1/2 watt one.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

o.t. but how do you put l.e.ds in your taillights? and where do you get them from?

SOLD!

Comment

g-wagon --- they now make LED lights that take the place of your regular bulbs. They come in all sorts of sizes and shapes, just like regular bulbs. Take a look at the link provided by FuriousJDMLBM; there are also other places you can buy LED lights.

The resistors being referred to in this thread are necessary when replacing regular bulbs with LEDs because LED lights have well, less resistance. What happens is, without the correct resistors added inline somewhere, things that depend on timing such as how fast blinkers blink or sensors such as the "brake light burned out" dash light will get confused.

Maple --- resistors don't cost all that much; why not just wire them in and be done with it?
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                  X