F22 overheating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 overheating problem

So my F22 started overheating 2 days ago. I'm thinking thermostat since it started just as it started to be quite cold outside i know there is a thing about winter summer thermostat.The temperature goes real high almost to the red zone then if i press the gas it will go down a bit, it kinda fluctuates up and down a bit. Also the car started to idle up and down when it's cold, the idle jumps from 1500 to 2250 or smth. So if anyone has an idea of the problem answer me. Also if anybody knows what thermostat i need to get for a JDM F22, i'd be glad also.
    thanks

you mite have a blown head gaskit and just get the original honda thermostat or if you what to buy a $80 mugen thermo but make sher they are no lekss

Comment

I don't think it's a gasket problem since the car run real fine, but i will still change the oil and look into it for coolant. I think it might be only the thermostat since when i turn on the heaters to full the temps goes down quite a bit then eventually goes up again. I will check all of the tomorrow. So you say that a JDM F22B (the twin cam one) has the same thermo as the original F22?

Comment

yea and once your temp gose up you just blown your head gaskit when the temp gose all the way up close to the red you mite not see any power loss yet but you well in time and the idel well be ***

Comment

No, if it was the thermostat the engine would be overheating all the time. If it cools back down when you accelerate then its probably one of two things, the cooling fans aren't working, or the radiator may be clogged. Check out the entire cooling system real good. Check all the hoses, radiator, waterpump, cooling fan operation, coolant level and condition.
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

it lacked a lot of coolant, i filled it up again and it doesn't overheat anymore but i do feel like it's running a bit hotter than before simply because the heaters are much hotter (which i acutally like). I dropped the oil, there doesn't seem to be any foam into it, i think it goes to the bottom so i will let it settle and check again, but it seemed normal. I am still suspecting the thermo that stucks because after a long drive, the hose that goes from the top of the engine gets real hot but the one on the bottom is a LOT cooler i read somewhere that there shouldn't be such a difference. I also let the car idle for a good while with the cap open no bubbles, in the beg there was a bit but it was because it was lacking a lot of coolant and it was getting rid of it. So my next step is to go to the dealer tomorrow and buy a thermo and change it. It won't be soo expensive and if i do have a head gasket problem the 50$ won't change much. thankx for the help. If anyone has any idea continue writing
            mike

Comment

The heater is hotter now because coolant is now going through it. If you were very low on coolant, then it was not circulating enough through the heater. Make sure you bleed all the air out the system and keep an eye on the coolant level at the overflow tank.
              The lower hose is always colder than the upper one, except when the car is totally warmed up. Even then, it may be slightly colder.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
              X